December 24, 2011
Week 17 (January 1):
- Tentative game: None (NBC will show game with guaranteed playoff implications).
- Games mentioned on last week’s Watch and their records: Cowboys (8-7)-Giants (8-7), Broncos (8-7)-Chiefs (6-9).
- Impact of Sunday and Monday Night Football: None, though announcement will be made before either game is over anyway.
- Analysis: NBC breathed a huge sigh of relief when the Giants won (and then started hyperventilating again when Tony Romo got injured). The Cowboys and Giants will enter their Week 17 showdown tied for the division lead. The Broncos did get shockingly blown out by the lowly Bills (shades of the pre-Tebow era), and the Lions finished off the Chargers, but the Chiefs couldn’t do their part.
- Final prediction: Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!