“I am 100%. I am as fast, as strong and as explosive as I've ever been and you're going to see the same guy who beat Frank Mir to a pulp at UFC 100,” Lesnar said during a UFC 141 conference call.
Lesnar, who makes his first return to the Octagon since losing his title to Cain Velasquez back in October 2010, has recently overcome a career and life-threatening disease in the guise of diverticulitis.
Still, he’s quite adamant that he’s got the tools to upend the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion come fight night.
“If I go in and execute my game plan, then I am winning this fight. That's the bottom line here," Lesnar said.”
“The Demolition Man” making his debut for the Zuffa-based firm was also in attendance at the conference call.
And he went so far as to suggest that he’d dispatch the DeathClutch trained fighter within two rounds of their scheduled five-round matchup.
The former NCAA Division I wrestler responded in kind.
“Overeem says he is knocking me out in two rounds. Well, I am glad he has the ability to see the future. That's his dream. On Friday December 30 his dream will be over.”
Apropos his physicality going into the fight, Lesnar believes that he’s more or less back to his best, and thus, is raring to go, having prepared for the full five rounds.
Nonetheless, the former WWE performer is convinced that the fight won’t go the distance.
“Look, I've had a great camp. This is the best I have felt in years and lardy-lardy-da…I could go through all the clichés about how in shape I am, but the fact is, I know myself and my own body, and I know that I am back.”
“I've trained for five round fights for all my UFC fights, even before I fought for the title. And I defended my title two times against top guys, training for a five round fight. But this isn't going five rounds. I promise you that.”
The winner of these two behemoths is next slated for a title shot against current UFC heavyweight champion Junior “Cigano” Dos Santos.
UFC 141 is scheduled for December 30, 2011.