Fantasy Football Week 15 Rankings: Top 10 Players at Every Position
Week 15 of the 2011 fantasy football campaign has arrived, and regardless of the format of your fantasy league the regular season has now concluded and the chase for the championship is now fully underway.
As an aid to those fantasy owners who were prescient or fortunate enough to get their teams into fantasy football's second season here's a look at the top 10 fantasy options for this week at each position, players who should absolutely be inserted into starting lineups by owners looking to lift that trophy at season's end.
1. Drew Brees and the Top 10 Quarterbacks
Quarterback Drew Brees of the New Orleans was his usual superlative self in leading the Saints to a victory over the Tennessee Titans last week, and with a matchup on tap with a Minnesota Vikings team that allows the most fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks, Brees tops the list of fantasy signal-callers this week.
1.) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (at MIN)
4.) Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (at HOU)
2. Arian Foster and the Top 10 Running Backs
It was a fairly quiet day for Houston Texans running back Arian Foster in Sunday's win over the Cincinnati Bengals, with the third year pro managing only 74 total yards. The sledding should be much easier in Week 15 against a Carolina Panthers squad that is the friendliest fantasy matchup for opposing running backs this season.
1.) Arian Foster, Houston Texans (vs. CAR)
2.) Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens (at SD)
3.) LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NYJ)
4.) Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars (at ATL)
5.) Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks (at CHI)
6.) Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans (at IND)
8.) Steven Jackson, St. Louis Rams (vs. CIN)
9.) Shonn Greene, New York Jets (at PHI)
10.) Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys (at TB)
3. Wes Welker and the Top 10 Wide Receivers
Wes Welker leads all National Football League wide receivers in receptions, receiving yards and fantasy points. The eighth-year veteran should shine this week against a Denver Broncos team that has surrendered the fifth most fantasy points per game to opposing wideouts in 2011.
1. Wes Welker, New England Patriots (at DEN)
2. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (at OAK)
3. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants (vs. WAS)
5. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers (at HOU)
6. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints (at MIN)
7. Stevie Johnson, Buffalo Bills (vs. MIA)
8. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons (vs. JAX)
9. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers (at KC)
10. Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers (vs. BAL)
4. Rob Gronkowski and the Top 10 Tight Ends
Tight end Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots set a new NFL record for touchdown receptions in a season by a tight end Sunday, reeling in his 14th and 15th scores of the year against the Washington Redskins, and the second-year stud should continue his breakout season when the Patriots travel to face the Denver Broncos Sunday.
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots (at DEN)
2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (at MIN)
3. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers (vs. BAL)
4. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys (at TB)
5. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons (vs. JAX)
6. Dustin Keller, New York Jets (at PHI)
7. Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers (at KC)
8. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers (vs. PIT)
9. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers (at HOU)
10. Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions (at OAK)
5. Mason Crosby and the Top 10 Kickers
As big a pain in the butt as choosing fantasy kickers can be, the fact remains that in the playoffs every point gains added value, so selecting the kicker for the most prolific offense in the NFL is as logical a choice as any for the top fantasy option at his position in Week 15.
1. Mason Crosby, Green Bay Packers (at KC)
2. John Kasay, New Orleans Saints (at MIN)
3. Dan Bailey, Dallas Cowboys (at TB)
4. David Akers, San Francisco 49ers (vs. PIT)
5. Jason Hanson, Detroit Lions (at OAK)
6. Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots (at DEN)
7. Neil Rackers, Houston Texans (vs. CAR)
8. Matt Bryant, Atlanta Falcons (vs. JAX)
9. Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland Raiders (vs. DET)
10. Matt Prater, Denver Broncos (vs. NE)
6. Green Bay Packers and the Top 10 Defenses
The Green Bay Packers moved to 13-0 by throttling the Oakland Raiders last week, and with a very favorable matchup upcoming against a floundering Kansas City Chiefs team that gives up the ninth most fantasy points per game to opposing defenses, the opportunistic Green Bay defense is the top play at the position in Week 15.
1. Green Bay Packers (at KC)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (at SF)
3. Baltimore Ravens (at SD)
4. New York Giants (at WAS)
5. Detroit Lions (at OAK)
6. Dallas Cowboys (at TB)
7. San Francisco 49ers (vs. PIT)
8. New Orleans Saints (at MIN)
9. Tennessee Titans (at IND)
10. Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NYJ)