The top two teams in the country went down on Saturday, providing a bit of a shake-up to the top line of my projections, but there's still plenty of time for those squads to climb their way back into contention for the overall No. 1 seed.
As always, I am not trying to guess how teams will finish the year. I am simply seeding them based on their current résumés.
I like to break teams down into three categories:
1. Wallflowers are bubble teams because everyone wants to get into the Big Dance, but not all have the guts to ask a girl out onto the dance floor.
2. Elite teams that are safely in the field are Dancing with a Hottie.
3. In the middle are the schools that are Dancing with Their Sister.
Last year, I had the most accurate bracket projections in the country, correctly predicting 67 of 68 teams and once again finishing way ahead of ESPN's Joe Lunardi.
I'll begin with the two First Four at-large bid games:
- (13a) Seton Hall vs. (13d) Ole Miss
- (13b) Southern Miss vs. (13c) Northern Iowa
- First 10 teams out: Saint Joseph's, Oklahoma, Washington, Dayton, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Indiana State, Temple, TCU, Richmond
The projections are presented in slideshow format, with each major conference receiving its own slide. First up is the ACC...