Top 10 List: Greatest Wrestlers of All Time
With the NFL season coming to an end I need something to write about and since I am a pro wrestling fan this seems only natural to me to write about. The reasoning for my Top 10 Article which there will be more to come. This is my introduction too the Pro Wrestling community and it lets people know where I stand and how I think about Pro Wrestling
10. Randy Savage
At number 10 Randy Savage related to the old great Leaping Lenny Poffo, he was a good mat wrestler and the one match that would define his career would be when wrestled Steamboat at Wrestlemania III. So the pre-steriods Savage makes my list.
Top Feuds in Savage's Career
1. vs Hogan: This war is still going on to this day. Savage bashes Hogan in Album.
2. vs Diamond Dallas Page: This fued took place during the high days of the nWo and it made for some great match-ups one being at Spring Stampede in 1997.
Sting should probably be higher on this list but towards the waning years in WCW he was put in Stupid feuds with the likes of Vamprio and The Demon a wrestler/KISS mascot. Sting did however have great matches with "De Man" back in the day and his matches with Vader were stuff of legend.
Sting has since made a return to the ring in TNA but it only to make the younger guy look good and give them credibility.
1. Vader: Vader and Sting and Flair traded the belt back and forth during the early years of WCW.
2. Hogan: Sting changing to a "Crow" style Sting was a huge successful career move and the feud lasted a year long the sad thing is the build up was better than the match at Starrcade '97
8. Scott Hall
Scott Hall was a great wrestler overall, he had talent and charisma. He just was never giving a solid opportunity at leading a company on his shoulders as champion. He played a big part in the rise of WCW as a part of the nWo. It a shame his personal demons got in the way of his career.
1. vs Shawn Micheals: The ladder matches at Wrestlemania X and the Summerslam rematch were instant classics
2. vs Jeff Jarrett: Jarrett and Hall had good technical matches while they were in the WWE
Scott Hall didn't have many feuds as he wasn't billed as the top guy in either promotion.
7. Steve Austin
These next two go hand in hand at seven Stone Cold. Austin is true success story. Even though he was having excellent matches in WCW as Stunning Steve. WCW didnt know what to do with him. The Stone Cold persona started in ECW when they let him rant and rave about Hogan and Bischoff.
In WWE he became a star as soon as he stunned the Boss. Not many people know this but Austin is part deaf in one ear so he always had to lead the match and he like Ric Flair always made his opponent look good.
1. The Rock: The war of words was always entertaining and the matches were even better three Wrestlemania main events enough said.
2. Vince McMahon: Even though the matches werent classics the feud it self was one of the highlights of the Monday Night Wars.
6. The Rock
Next we have The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) since The Rock is no more. The had the wrestling skill and charisma to energize an audience. This was a toss up Austin and The Rock are interchangeable here.
1. vs Steve Austin: Like I said earlier the war of worlds and the three classic Wrestlemania matches.
2. vs Triple H: Whether it was the Nation vs DX or just singles matches these two individuals put on some great matches. The two that come to mind are the Iron Man match and the Ladder Match for the IC title.
5. Chris Benoit
Now I know what this guy did, but this list isn't about that its about the best wrestlers. Chris Benoit was a force in wrestling before he went nuts. Benoit was a joy to watch in the ring. Some of Benoits greatest matches were Triple Threat Matches. The Rabid Wolverine was one of my favorite wrestlers to watch.
1. Chris Jericho: The Feud between Jericho got so physical that Benoit lost some of his teeth in a Ladder Match. The Battle of underrated from WCW
2. Kurt Angle: The matches between these two were incredible my favorite was the Ultimate Submission Match or their match at Wrestlemania X7
4. Shawn Micheals 3. Bret Hart
Numbers three and four are interchangeable Micheals and Hart had a series of matches with different opponents during the '90s. It didn't matter who you put in the ring with these guys they stole the show. After building the two superstars as the top draws then they put them in the ring together.
Top Feuds Michaels
1. vs Razor Ramon: Ladder Matches like I mentioned before.
2. vs Bret Hart: The Boyhood dream is fulfilled at Wrestlemania XII or the ScrewJob in Monteal
Top Fueds Hitman
1. vs Shawn Michaels
2. vs Steve Austin: The fued that ended with a bloody submission match at Wrestlemania 13, A match that made Austin's career.
2. Ricky Steamboat
Ricky the Dragon Steamboat was one of the greatest high fliers. Steamboat was a high flyer before it was a common thing in pro wrestling. Steamboat's classic matches against the Nature Boy in the NWA and his matches with Randy Savage in the WWE. Too bad he had a career ending back injury.
1. vs Ric Flair: The two biggest draws the NWA had it was only natural to have them wrestle each other.
2. vs Randy Savage: A feud that started because Steamboat didn't like the way Elizabeth was being treated it resulted in a match at Wrestlemania III where there was 22 near falls.
1. Gobbledy Gooker
The Gobbledy Gooker showed great wrestling skill in the Gimmick Battle Royal at Wrestlemania X7 hahahahahahaha Just Kidding
The Real 1. Ric Flair
To be the Man you have to beat the Man. Ric Flair has been the Man for 20 plus years. Rc Flair was the real worlds champion, during his NWA days he traveled the world defending his title.
Ric Flair and Steamboat are the top two because they were wrestling hour long matches two or three nights in a row back in the old NWA before "Iron Man" was even thought of.
1. vs Steamboat: For the same reason as I mentioned before
2. vs Anybody: Flair could have a feud with anybody and it would be a successful. Flair had a way that made everybody look good.