Fantasy Football Week 14 Rankings: Wide Receivers
Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson began the season on a record-setting touchdown spree. He became the first player in NFL history to score two touchdowns per game in the first four games of a season.
Since then, Megatron has scored only four times in his past eight games.
If you break up the season into quarters, however, the second quarter (three touchdowns) was better than the third quarter (only one touchdown).
In fact, Johnson had his worst fantasy performance of the season last week: six receptions for 69 yards. While he had fewer yards in two other games, he scored a touchdown (or two) in those games.
This week, Johnson faces the Vikings, who have allowed the second-most fantasy points to opposing receivers and the most passing touchdowns (24) this season. In their first matchup this season, Johnson had seven receptions for 107 yards and two scores in his best fantasy performance of the season.
Denver's Demaryius Thomas, a player compared to Johnson in terms of alma mater and physical traits (size and athleticism), had a monster game against the Vikings last week. Thomas finished with four receptions for 144 yards and two touchdowns. However, you should not expect a repeat performance from Thomas in Denver's run-first scheme this week.
Here are some notes on wide receivers that will play in Week 14:
- For the first time in three games, Tampa Bay wide receiver Mike Williams did not score a touchdown. That said, he had a season-high 93 receiving yards despite being without starting quarterback Josh Freeman. Williams now has three straight games with 80-plus yards.
- Antonio Brown, who returned a punt last week for a 60-yard score, finished with only two receptions, but had a game-high 67 receiving yards. It was the sixth consecutive game that Brown has had at least 67 receiving yards. Browns cornerback Joe Haden will likely be matched up on Mike Wallace, who scored twice last week, which could mean a few more looks for Brown.
- Bengals rookie receiver AJ Green had a game-high 11 targets and finished with six receptions for 87 yards and a touchdown last week. Green now has 80-plus yards in three of his past four games and has scored in seven of 11 games played this season.
- Colts receiver Pierre Garcon had nine receptions for 150 yards, both of which were season highs, and two scores. Earlier this year, Garcon had great chemistry with Curtis Painter when he took over, but Garcon had struggled in three straight games with less than 35 receiving yards.
- Vikings receiver Percy Harvin had eight receptions for a career-high 156 yards and two touchdowns in addition to five rush attempts for 19 yards last week. Over his past five games, Harvin is averaging 104.4 yards from scrimmage per game and has a total of five touchdowns.
- Bills receiver Steve Johnson finished with five receptions for 52 yards and a touchdown last week. It was his second straight performance with double-digit fantasy points after not having any since Week 3.
- For a second straight game, Bears receiver Earl Bennett finished with only one reception for five yards. Before the injury to Jay Cutler, Bennett had three straight games with 75-plus receiving yards.
- Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe failed to score for the seventh straight game. He finished the game with four receptions for 49 yards. It was only the third time this season that Bowe had less than 62 receiving yards. This weekend's getaway to Revis Island means it's unlikely to get any easier for Bowe.
- Cowboys receiver Laurent Robinson had four receptions for 72 yards in Week 13, which means his five-game scoring streak came to an end. In his past six games, Robinson has 28 receptions for 393 yards and seven touchdowns.
- Robinson's teammate Dez Bryant led the Cowboys in receiving with eight receptions for 86 yards and a touchdown last week. It was the third time in four games that Bryant has scored, and the eighth time this season that Bryant has had at least 60 receiving yards. Bryant still has no 100-yard games this season.
- Cardinals receiver Andre Roberts led the team in receiving with six receptions for a career-high 111 yards in Week 13. Roberts has one other 100-yard game (110 yards in Week 15 last year).
- Packers receiver Greg Jennings scored in his second straight game and now has scored in nine games this season.
- Giants receiver Victor Cruz has 100-plus yards in three straight games and has 84 yards or more in nine of his past ten games. Cruz ranks fourth in the NFL with 1,076 receiving yards despite having only 17 yards after the first two games of the season.
- Michael Crabtree had his best fantasy game of the season with four receptions for 96 yards and a score last week. In his past three games, he has 17 receptions for 270 yards and a touchdown.
- Saints receiver Robert Meachem finished with three receptions and a game-high and season-high 119 yards and a touchdown in Week 13. Meachem had two zero-reception games in his previous three games.
Here are our top 60 fantasy wide receivers for Week 14 (standard-scoring):
1. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs MIN)
2. Wes Welker, Patriots (at WAS)
3. Greg Jennings, Packers (vs OAK)
4. Victor Cruz, Giants (at DAL)
5. Hakeem Nicks, Giants (at DAL)
6. Roddy White, Falcons (at CAR)
7. Steve Smith, Panthers (vs ATL)
8. Percy Harvin, Vikings (at DET)
9. Mike Wallace, Steelers (vs CLE)
10. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (vs SF)
11. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins (vs PHI)
12. Vincent Jackson, Chargers (vs BUF)
13. Jordy Nelson, Packers (vs OAK)
14. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (vs NYG)
15. Antonio Brown, Steelers (vs CLE)
16. A.J. Green, Bengals (vs HOU)
17. Stevie Johnson, Bills (at SD)
18. Anquan Boldin, Ravens (vs IND)
19. Marques Colston, Saints (at TEN)
20. Laurent Robinson, Cowboys (vs NYG)
21. Brandon Lloyd, Rams (at SEA)
22. Mike Williams, Buccaneers (at JAX)
23. Santonio Holmes, Jets (vs KC)
24. Miles Austin, Cowboys (vs NYG)
25. Michael Crabtree, 49ers (at ARI)
26. Santana Moss, Redskins (vs NE)
27. Julio Jones, Falcons (at CAR)
28. Torrey Smith, Ravens (vs IND)
29. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (at NYJ)
30. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles (at MIA)
31. DeSean Jackson, Eagles (at MIA)
32. Deion Branch, Patriots (at WAS)
33. Plaxico Burress, Jets (vs KC)
34. Damian Williams, Titans (vs NO)
35. C.J. Spiller, Bills (at SD)
36. Eric Decker, Broncos (vs CHI)
37. Pierre Garcon, Colts (at BAL)
38. Jabar Gaffney, Redskins (vs NE)
39. Nate Burleson, Lions (vs MIN)
40. Nate Washington, Titans (vs NO)
41. James Jones, Packers (vs OAK)
42. Reggie Wayne, Colts (at BAL)
43. Malcom Floyd, Chargers (vs BUF)
44. Lance Moore, Saints (at TEN)
45. Johnny Knox, Bears (at DEN)
46. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks (vs STL)
47. David Nelson, Bills (at SD)
48. Denarius Moore, Raiders (at GB)
49. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders (at GB)
50. Andre Johnson, Texans (at CIN)
51. Greg Little, Browns (at PIT)
52. Early Doucet, Cardinals (vs SF)
53. Golden Tate, Seahawks (vs STL)
54. Brad Smith, Bills (at SD)
55. Vincent Brown, Chargers (vs BUF)
56. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos (vs CHI)
57. Jerome Simpson, Bengals (vs HOU)
58. Riley Cooper, Eagles (at MIA)
59. Devin Aromashodu, Vikings (at DET)
60. Steve Breaston, Chiefs (at NYJ)
If you're in a point-per-reception (PPR) league, here are our wide receiver PPR rankings for Week 14.
For more positions and/or flex rankings, visit our fantasy section.
Good luck in Week 14!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?