As we enter December, there are 15 undefeated college basketball teams remaining in the country. They are all in my projected field of 68, but what other 53 squads would make the Dance if it was seeded today?
As always, I am not trying to guess how teams will finish the year. I am simply seeding them based on their current résumés.
I like to break teams down into three categories:
1. Wallflowers are bubble teams because everyone wants to get into the Big Dance, but not all have the guts to ask a girl out onto the dance floor.
2. Elite teams that are safely in the field are Dancing with a Hottie.
3. In the middle are the schools that are Dancing with Their Sister.
Last year, I had the most accurate bracket projections in the country, correctly predicting 67 of 68 teams and once again finishing way ahead of ESPN's Joe Lunardi.
I'll begin with the two First Four at-large bid games:
- (12a) Arizona vs. (12d) Ole Miss
- (12b) Texas A&M vs. (12c) Northern Iowa
- First eight teams out: Southern Miss, Seton Hall, Minnesota, TCU, Richmond, Indiana State, Temple, Missouri State.
The projections are presented in slideshow format, with each major conference receiving its own slide. First up is the ACC...