- Kind of a slow day today. Sorry I don’t have more. The hot story in the world of the Milwaukee Brewers in the past couple days has been the reported interest in signing Braden Looper.
Doug Melvin mentioned in yesterday’s JSOnline article that he expected to touch base with Looper’s agent in the next few days, but there hasn’t been anything new on that front as of late Monday.
- This weeks mailbag at Brewers.com focuses on free agent pitchers, specifically the possibility of resigning Ben Sheets. The article also talks about Sabathia’s comments about the Brewers not being competitive.
- Check out the Brewers ‘08 season in this slide show at BleacherReport.com.
- Bernies Crew interviews Baseball Musings David Pinto. Mr Pinto talks about what he believes to be the Brewers off season plans.
- The sale of the Nashville Sounds to New York business man Frank Ward makes Nashville’s CityPaper’s top stories of ‘08. Nothing new here, but it can’t hurt to read again. Right?
- The Pirates signed Denny Bautista as well as some other dudes to minor league contracts.
- The Oakland Athletics named former Brewers hitting coach Jim Skaalen as their new hitting coach today. Good luck Jim.
- Fan Graphs discusses Adam Dunn’s stats in breaking down what he’s worth. It will be interesting to see what happens with Dunn. I don’t see him becoming a Brewer, though I wouldn’t mind it. We’ll see just how badly he wants to be a Cub. Or for that matter, how badly the Cubs want Dunn.
- Should caffeine be banned in baseball? An interesting read.
- Apparently the Nationals are considering uping their offer to free agent Mark Teixeira. Do you think he’d sign with the Nationals if they offer him nine-10 years at $20 million a year? I really doubt it.
If the Red Sox are really ready to offer at least $165 million over any length of time, he has to accept. Though, you can never underestimate the pull of Satan himself, Scott Boras. I just hope he signs soon so we can get a move on with this whole free agent phenomenon.
On a quick side note, thanks for trying to ruin the game I love, Scott. You’re super!
- The Packers are horribly pathetic. Tonight’s game was embarrassing.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!