June 1, 2016
Week 12 (November 17):
- Tentative game: Pittsburgh @ Kansas City
- Prospects: 7-3 v. 4-5. After rallying from an 0-3 start to climb above .500 at 4-3, the Chiefs have lost two straight. Hmm. They’re still only a game out of the division lead, but this could still prove lopsided.
- Protected games: Patriots-Eagles (CBS) and Bears-Raiders (FOX).
- Other possible games mentioned on Wednesday’s Watch and their records: Bills (5-4)-Jets (5-4), Bucs (4-5)-Titans (5-4), Bengals (6-3)-Browns (3-6).
- Impact of Monday Night Football: None.
- Analysis: Thanksgiving Weekend usually means a paucity of good games. Had the Bills and Jets both won, it would be hard to argue against their game. As it stands, the best game being a battle of 5-4 teams isn’t going to overcome the tentative game bias. (The Jets would be maxed out on NBC appearances, but with Jets-Dolphins the Week 17 game and protections Weeks 13 and 15, they probably don’t have any more flex opportunities anyway.)
- Final prediction: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs (no change).
- Actual selection: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs (no change).
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!