Thunder vs. Spurs

It's Xmas, Heat Fans, Don't Be Bitter

NBA Players: After the Greed Comes the Ego, so Where Will It End?

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
NBA Players: After the Greed Comes the Ego, so Where Will It End?
Patrick McDermott/Getty Images
Whats on your mind Mr. Fisher?

The NBA players are still refusing the deals they are offered. After the owners agreed to give 50 percent of the profits to the players, the player still asked for more.

This of course did not sit well with the owners and they offered less, 49 percent for the players, and are stating, "take it or leave it!"

Most players probably would agree to this, even Derek Fisher, but their egos are not letting them approve. Their refusal has turned from greed to ego.

A lot of people agree that what the players are requesting is greedy. Check a previous article I wrote, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/894252-nba-nba-players-are-getting-greedy-theyve-forgotten-were-they-came-from. Out of 407 votes, 89.2 percent voted that the players are greedy.

They're requesting to take 57 percent of the profits their team makes, leaving the owners with only 43 percent of the profits. The owners have to pay a staff to take care of the players, and yes, the players' 5.1 million average salaries for a season (and much much more).

David Stern came out and said to the players, 51 percent, take it or the season will be cancelled.

The players decided to think about it, but a lot of players around the NBA are wanting to take the deal!!!

The players' "thinking" gave Stern an excuse to not cancel the season yet, but because it looks like the players are not going to take the deal, it does look like there is a high chance that this season will be cancelled.

Will there be an NBA season?

Submit Vote vote to see results

The players should know by now that they are not going to get a better offer, and if they don't take it, they will eventually take a deal that will be much worse this 51/49 split.

After this offer, the owners might give one more chances of a 50/50 split, and if the players say no, the owners won't go lower the 53/47 in favor of the owners.

The players know this, but they think that this gives a win to the owners, which they don't want, and the players don't like losing.

This is all about ego now. The deal won't be bigger then 50/50 at this point, and the players know this.

Some of the players have figured it out and are willing to take the deal, but the guys up front have egos and are not willing to give in.

What a shame.

It’s a shame that at the end of the day, they will have to take this deal, and we the fans are going to miss half a season, if not a whole season just because of ego—and the players will be missing a couple months of salaries.

Players, it's not going to change, take the 50/50 deal or even the 51/49 deal. It's fair. Take it now before this season is over and we lose interest.

Bring your egos back to the basketball court, where we love to see them.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

Out of Bounds

NBA

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.