After five straight weeks with byes, Week 10 is the first week since Week 4 with all 32 teams in action. The remaining four teams that have not had their bye yet will have theirs next week.
One of the quarterbacks on bye next week is Houston's Matt Schaub, who is ranked just outside of our top 12 fantasy quarterbacks this week.
Whether or not stud receiver Andre Johnson returns this week from his hamstring injury could make a significant difference in his production. Considering the team has their bye next week, however, there is a decent chance that the Texans give Johnson, who hasn't played since Week 4, this week and the bye off.
After all, the Texans know firsthand what can happen when you bring back a player too early from a hamstring injury as they initially did with running back Arian Foster and his hamstring's "anti-awesomeness."
Even without Johnson for much of the season so far, Schaub has had a solid (albeit not spectacular) season. Schaub is averaging just shy of 250 passing yards per game and has a 13:6 touchdown-to-interception ratio.
This week, the Texans face the Buccaneers, who have allowed the 11th most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season. In their past three games, however, the Texans have had five 100-yard rushers: Arian Foster three times and Ben Tate twice.
Here are some more quarterback notes for Week 10:
- San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers is one of four NFL quarterbacks to average at least 300 passing yards per game, but Rivers also leads (or is last in) the NFL in interceptions thrown (14). Rivers threw 13 interceptions last year and never threw more than 15 (2007) in any season.
- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown for 330-plus yards in three straight games. Roethlisberger, who is ranked third in the NFL in passing yards (2,632), is averaging a career-high 292.4 yards per game. In nine games, however, he has only thrown more than one touchdown in three games.
- Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, the team's second-round pick out of TCU, has an 8:3 touchdown-to-interception ratio in his past four games. In his next four games, Dalton and the Bengals only face division foes: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh again. All three opponents rank in the top five in passing defense: Browns (first), Steelers (third) and Ravens (fifth).
- Through half of the season, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has thrown for 2,393 yards and 11 touchdowns and has run for 319 yards and seven touchdowns. In other words, Newton is on pace for nearly 4,800 passing yards, more than 600 rushing yards, 22 passing touchdowns and 14 rushing touchdowns.
- In his past three games as the team's starting quarterback, Denver's Tim Tebow has completed 13, 18 and 10 passes, respectively, and has thrown for 172 passing yards or less in each game. That said, Tebow has 20-plus fantasy points in two of his three starts.
- Giants quarterback Eli Manning has thrown for 250-plus yards in every game but one this season. In addition, he has thrown for two or more touchdowns in six of eight games. This week, the Giants face the 49ers, who have allowed 400-yard passing games in two of their three other matchups against NFC East teams.
- In three of his past four games against the Jets, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has thrown for 300-plus yards including a 321-yard performance earlier this season. That said, the Jets have allowed double-digit fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks in only two games this season and have held opponents to less than 200 passing yards in five of eight games.
- Through eight games, the Ravens have allowed either one or no touchdown passes every game this season. This week, the Ravens head to Seattle to take on the Seahawks. In his past two games, Tarvaris Jackson has thrown 70 passes but no touchdowns.
Here are our fantasy quarterback rankings for Week 10:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (vs MIN)
2. Michael Vick, Eagles (vs ARI)
3. Drew Brees, Saints (at ATL)
4. Cam Newton, Panthers (vs TEN)
5. Tony Romo, Cowboys (vs BUF)
6. Matthew Stafford, Lions (at CHI)
7. Tom Brady, Patriots (at NYJ)
8. Tim Tebow, Broncos (at KC)
9. Philip Rivers, Chargers (vs OAK)
10. Eli Manning, Giants (at SF)
11. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (at CIN)
12. Matt Ryan, Falcons (vs NO)
13. Matt Schaub, Texans (at TB)
14. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (at DAL)
15. Mark Sanchez, Jets (vs NE)
16. Joe Flacco, Ravens (at SEA)
17. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (vs HOU)
18. Matt Cassel, Chiefs (vs DEN)
19. Jay Cutler, Bears (vs DET)
20. Matt Hasselbeck, Titans (at CAR)
21. Andy Dalton, Bengals (vs PIT)
22. Carson Palmer, Raiders (at SD)
23. Colt McCoy, Browns (vs STL)
24. Sam Bradford, Rams (at CLE)
25. Curtis Ponder, Vikings (at GB)
Check out our rankings for other positions and/or flex rankings at TheTipDrill.com, our fantasy section.
Good luck in Week 10!