QPR 1-0 Chelsea Live Blog: José Bosingwa and Didier Drogba Red Carded!!
Kickoff at 16:00 UK/11:00 EST
Starting Lineups and Substitutes
Chelsea: Petr Čech, José Bosingwa, John Terry, David Luiz, Ashley Cole, John Obi Mikel, Frank Lampard, Raul Meireles, Daniel Sturridge, Didier Drogba, Juan Mata
Substitutes: Ross Turnbull, Branislav Ivanović, Oriol Romeu, Josh McEachran, Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou, Nicolas Anelka.
QPR: Paddy Kenny, Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand, Fitz Hall, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Joey Barton, Alejandro Faurlín, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Heiðar Helguson, Adel Taarabt.
Substitutes: Brian Murphy, Bradley Orr, Ákos Buzsáky, Jason Puncheon, Jason Puncheon, Tommy Smith, Jay Bothroyd.
Keep it here at B/R as I bring you live text commentary from QPR vs. Chelsea.
FT: QPR 1-0 Chelsea
- Firstly, what an entertaining game to watch.
- Chelsea really just lost control of the game. Undisciplined. Seven yellow cards and two red cards say it all.
- Chelsea dominated the second half even with nine men. That should be a concern to QPR manager Neil Warnock.
- Three points lost for Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas.
- Man of the match: Adel Taarabt. The reason why QPR looked good in spurts. Made some beautiful defence splitting passes and had some deft touches to lure in fouls i.e. Didier Drogba's mindbogglingly stupid and reckless two footed lunge.
- Taarabt had a Mario Balotelli moment when he attempted to take the penalty away from Heiðar Helguson, however was vetoed by Shaun Derry and Joey Barton.
- Then Taarabt was mysteriously subbed off having been clearly the best player on the pitch. With his teammates in celebration, Taarabt was seen pointing and having some choice words to Warnock. I wonder what the odds are of Taarabt leaving in January.
- Worse player of the match: Drogba should be awarded this for putting his team at such a disadvantage when they already a disadvantage. But in terms of play, John Obi Mikel. Oriol Romeu was so good against Genk, so why does he get relegated to the bench? Mikel made next to no tackles, was constantly beat on the dribble when he played in defence during the second half.
- Talking points: Referee Chris Foy wrongly sending off José Bosingwa and then not awarding David Luiz a penalty when Helguson made a worse foul than the one Luiz committed on him earlier.
- What beef does Villas-Boas have against Romelu Lukaku? Today would have been a great situation to test the resolve of the Belgian prodigy. Instead Villas-Boas plays Nicolas Anelka, who spurns two guilt-edged opportunities, and has no long term future at the club.
- With Drogba set for a holiday, I expect to see Lukaku on the bench.
95'- Ashley Cole hacks Joey Barton after full-time. Barton showing his diplomatic side as instead of shaping up to punch Cole, Barton yells in celebration.
94'- Chelsea need to pray a hail Mary. Okay, everyone is in the QPR box.
91'- Of Chelsea's starting 11, Petr Čech is the only player who hasn't been booked.
90'- Never play John Obi Mikel in a defensive position, and no he is not a defensive midfielder, because he can't defend. Shaun Wright-Phillips goes through the Nigerian as if he isn't even there.
90'- DAM! Five minutes of added time to be added on.
89'- John Terry follows through on Paddy Kenny, but referee Chris Foy decides to only pull out the yellow.
88'- David Luiz gets away with the first shove but to make sure if he can get away with it again, he shoves the QPR player again. At least referee Chris Foy didn't pull a second yellow for the Brazilian.
87'- None of the QPR players want to take a throw-in. Surely this is a yellow card for time wasting.
86'- Wasted shot from Shaun Wright-Phillips. Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas civilly arguing his point towards the fourth official. I always feel sorry for them. They don't even make the decision but have to take so much flack.
85'- Chelsea should dive in the box because referee Chris Foy is under so much pressure right now.
83'- One of the QPR fans throws the ball away just as Branislav Ivanović was about to gather it for a quick throw-in. Now that's a dedicated fan.
82'- Oh my! Heart in mouth time for QPR. An overhead kick from David Luiz, which deflects off Frank Lampard and over the bar. Just seconds earlier, Nicolas Anelka should have shot first time but he dibble dabbled in possession and the chance was gone.
82'- QPR Substitution
OFF: Shaun Derry ON: Jamie Mackie
Derry took ages to get off.
79'- THAT WAS THE CHANCE. An awesome trivela cross from Branislav Ivanović and Nicolas Anelka is free by himself but he heads it straight to Paddy Kenny.
78'- That is so funny. Clint Hill is grabbing David Luiz's shirt and Luiz is grabbing Luke Young's arm.
77'- Silly foul by Clint Hill. Chelsea have a free-kick and they're going to put all their eggs in the basket for this one. Watch out for the counter attack.
76'- Wonderful free-kick from Joey Barton, Heiðar Helguson is free by himself and steers the ball over the bar. It was three QPR players vs. David Luiz just then. Remember, Chelsea are down to nine men.
75'- After not being given the decision of handball, Ashley Cole hacks Joey Barton. Yellow to Cole. Chelsea really are imploding.
74'- I don't understand how QPR have not put the game away.
71'- Heiðar Helguson has his arm around David Luiz, the Brazilian dramatically falls to the floor (as he should), yet referee Chris Foy does not make the decision. Where is the consistency?
OFF: Raul Meireles ON: Florent Malouda
Before Meireles is subbed off, he gives Foy a piece of his mind and is booked for dissent.
70'- With two men down, Chelsea have 57 percent of possession. I have no idea how that works.
69'- Yellow card to David Luiz for clipping Anton Ferdinand. Stupid, but you expect that from Luiz.
68'- I think David Luiz is knackered. He's sitting very deep with his hands on his hips. He's run a lot of yards today.
66'- Frank Lampard appeals for a penalty. The replays are inconclusive because they cut out. But it seems Lampard is appealing that Fitz Hall pulled his shirt.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?