Liverpool 1-1 Norwich City Live Blog: Liverpool Denied a Clear Cut Penalty
Kickoff at 17:30 UK/12:30 EST
Liverpool: Pepe Reina, Glen Johnson, Jamie Carragher, Martin Škrtel, José Enrique, Dirk Kuyt, Steven Gerrard, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Luis Suárez, Craig Bellamy.
Substitutes: Doni, Jon Flanagan, Daniel Agger, Jay Spearing, Maxi, Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll.
Norwich: John Ruddy, Leon Barnett, Russell Martin, Marc Tierney, Kyle Naughton, Bradley Johnson, David Fox, Wes Hoolahan, Anthony Pilkington, Elliott Bennett, Steve Morison.
Substitutes: Decland Rudd, Andrew Crofts, Aaron Wilbraham, Grant Holt, Andrew Surman, Ritchie De Laet, Simeon Jackson.
Keep it here at B/R as I bring you live text commentary from Liverpool vs. Norwich City.
FT: Liverpool 1-1 Norwich
- 25 shots from Liverpool. Enough said really.
- Man of the match: Luis Suárez. Without him, Liverpool wouldn't have had so many chances. He is a magician and he had Leon Barnett everytime in a 1 vs. 1 situation. Up until, he started spitting the dummy, yelling at his teamates, Barnett sensed it and he started playing to another level. Barnett made some crucial blocks down the stretch.
- Worse player of the match: José Enrique. Was lazy when it came to marking up in the second half. He was missing in action when Anthony Pilkington delivered in the cross, and boom, 1-1. Also the Spaniard wasn't as efficient when going forward as he gave away possession in advanced positions.
- The talking point really is in the 84th minute when Barnett shoulder charges Charlie Adam but mysteriously referee Peter Walton decides to go the other way and rule Adam had fouled Barnett. That was a clear cut penalty.
- I thought it odd from Liverpool manager Kenny Daglish to substitute Craig Bellamy who was having a splendid game.
- Andy Carroll worked hard in his cameo but again didn't produce the goods. That guilt edged opportunity towards the end where he should have scored, isn't going to stop his detractors from criticising him.
- Oh and quit playing Jordan Henderson on the wings. He's a central player not a wide player. He basically was a passenger.
- Dropped points from Liverpool.
- On the other hand, whatever Norwich manager Paul Lambert said at half-time worked wonders. Subbing Grant Holt on was a masterpiece.
90+4'- I think Luis Suárez is crying right now... either way, what a save by John Ruddy. What a save. Norwich's defence switch off, Suárez volleys on the turn, and that was destined to hit the back of the net.
Referee Peter Walton blows full-time!
90+3'- Oh what a let off... what a let off. Sumptuous cross from Steven Gerrard who finds Andy Carroll through on goal, but he somehow didn't hit the target. He should have scored.
90+3'- One last attempt.
90+1'- John Ruddy spills the ball when trying to catch it. Again, no Liverpool players are around to capitilise.
90+1'- This would be disappointing if Liverpool failed to win.
90'- Liverpool have substituted Dirk Kuyt and thrown on Daniel Agger. Again, odd.
89'- Good attempt from Glen Johnson even though his shot goes into row z. It was the run that made that shot.
88'- Someone of Jordan Henderson's talent shouldn't be wasted on the wings. He's hardly touched the ball. Why play him there when it's been established that he isn't an out-and-out winger?
87'- Great block from Martin Škrtel to deny Grant Holt. That shot had some power.
86'- Andy Carroll has put in a lot of defensive pressure but he's been Bambi on ice when the ball has been at his feet.
84'- Was that a rugby tackle by Leon Barnett? Clatters Charlie Adam in the box who had gone past three defenders. That's a clear cut Liverpool penalty. But... referee Peter Walton says Adam fouled Barnett. Odd.
82'- It seems Liverpool's centre backs are willing to let Steve Morison charge forward, he puts Anthony Pilkington through but Norwich fail to capitlise.
80'- Get in there son! Andy Carroll outmuscles three Norwich defenders heads it to Luis Suárez who should score but misses. Thankfully the offside flag saves some face.
80'- Luis Suárez is on the floor. I'm going to take a guess and say he dived. Referee Peter Walton ignores the Uruguayan's appeal.
79'- Liverpool Substitution
OFF: Stewart Downing
ON: Andy Carroll
Perfect time for Carroll to endear himself to the Anfield faithful.
78'- Excellent counter from Norwich. Pepe Reina rushes off his line to sweep up.
77'- Luis Suárez pushes Leon Barnett who falls over, and then the Uruguayan sprays his shot wide.
76'- Oh there he is. It seems he's playing as a right winger.
75'- Has Jordan Henderson touched the ball?
74'- I say substitute Luis Suárez. He's getting out of control. He dribbles straight into a pack of Norwich defenders. Falls over. Then yells at referee Peter Walton. What for? How lenient has Walton been in not carding Suárez for dissent.
73'- When is Andy Carroll going to come on?
72'- Grant Holt being a real pest in the corner flag. A few stray kicks, a few elbows. Surprised that Martin Škrtel didn't react in a less diplomatic manner.
71'- Today, Luis Suárez has yelled at Stewart Downing, José Enrique, Dirk Kuyt and now Jordan Henderson joins the list. Gee, the Uruguayan is really grumpy today. Oh and of course referee Peter Walton and the linesman.
70'- A rare misplaced pass from Steven Gerrard.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?