As always we open welcome arms to the members of The Bad News Bloggers. So please so some love for Justin and another great edition of the Daily Linkin Logs.
Couple of thoughts on our new (yes another) Freedom Friday Daily "Linkin' Logs:"
We'll be altering the format of Friday's links only slightly. Friday's lead column is completely ad hoc and could feature any lead column. The links won't be affected too much, but our lead column could range anywhere from sports to politics to any hot button issue that strikes me this AM.
In an unrelated note, I'm half done with the Bill Belichick/New England Patriots draft review. I can already tell you, based on the drafts I've graded already, he's most likely better than the three we've completed already (duh) and he could be the gold standard of drafting.
Keep in mind, that none of the drafts graded involved Tom Brady (who would have scored an 8 or 9 total I believe). So look for that in the coming hours.
This weekend, I'm attending another college hockey game (10 dollar tickets and quality hockey make it a sport worth attending) and I'll also be meeting up with some friends before they all jaunt around the states for the holidays, so I won't be posting to heavily until Sunday. I'm hoping to get another draft review by Sunday, but no promises.
And in Freedom Friday tradition (well, now), let's talk about Northeastern Alum Jose Juan Berea's night; a night where he appears to be stealing Jason Kidd's job. With the Mavericks fading against the Suns, Barea lead a 10-point run in the fourth quarter. Barea light up the place and the Dallas fans loved the passion. Look for Barea to move from "co-starter" to starter by season's end if the trend continues.
Chargers beat Raiders 34-7 on Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network...blah blah blah. Worse yet, with the injury to JaMarcus Russell and his season in doubt, you have to start to wonder what the Raiders are going to do. Fact of the matter is, blowing a top pick can set your franchise back years.
- You see, if the game matters, the team matters and the player matters, he'll play regardless of the criminal charges (and impending suspension) he'll be facing.
- The Yankees seem primed to grab one time Red Sox Derek Lowe as well as set up a meeting with C.C. Sabathia where (I believe) the Yankees will set their timetable. Honestly, its a smart move by the Yanks. They're going to pay more than anyone else for Sabathia because of his location preference (and the Yankees always pay more anyway), but if they allow him to shop for a month or two, the price can only go higher; so why not push him a little and make him accept an already high deal.
- Barry Bonds indicted. No;, again.
- AA has the scoop on a tricky little foul during the OU-USC game.
- AGM's The Beast has the info on USC (football)'s plan to scrap a time out in exchange for wearing the home jerseys at the Rose Bowl.
- Mr E of EC says Sean Avery's mouth isn't out of the woods yet. Oh believe me, he's said much worse...still...
- And finally, Deadspin has the low down on Playboy's hottest sportscaster of 08.