What words does one begin with when attempting to sum up the Cubs 2008 season?
“Ay Carumba” seems appropriate. “Oy vey” works nicely.
I can think of a few others, although they might land on the wrong side of the foul pole of the editorial guidelines of this site.
Perhaps a humorous approach would be best: “The Cubs arouse fans, then go limp and end up losing their Woody.”
Unfortunately I don’t think Cub fans’ sense of humor is going to even start to kick back in until sometime after the all-star break. And that’s only if they’re winning.
The one sentence that I am not going to use is “Wait 'til next year.” I think we’ve all been walked down that plank just a few too many times.
Well, we all know what happened, so in order to avoid a painful, drawn out recap, here it is in nutshell:
- Dempster came out of nowhere
- Fukudome disappeared out of sight
- Zambrano was all over the place
- Hill lost control
- Harden was in total command
- Lou won the award for taking charge
- DeRosa broke out
- Soriano broke down
- Someone broke a water pipe
- Samardzija was called up
- Fukudome got sat down
- Woody’s been sent away
- Soto was great
- The all-stars numbered eight
- Once again the same old fate
That’s all I’ve got Cub fans. See you in April.