This figures to be a busy week on the waiver wire after injuries to Jamaal Charles and most of the fantasy-relevant Cowboys on Sunday.
If you are not able to add any of the popular waiver wire picks following the Week 2 action, consider stashing some of these guys for the future. Of last week’s suggestions, Dexter McCluster will be a big grab off the wire this week. Should have got him last week!
Isaac Redman, RB, Steelers
10 carries, 49 yards, 1 touchdown; 1 catch, six yards
Redman showed what he could do when given the opportunity on a nice looking touchdown run in the first half against Seattle. Worth noting that the touchdown did not come in garbage time.
Delone Carter, RB, Colts
11 carries, 46 yards
Carter, like Redman, got a lot of work in the first half of the Colts game against the Browns on Sunday. He clearly is the No. 2 running back behind Joseph Addai now.
Roy Helu, RB, Redskins
10 carries, 74 yards; 3 catches, 38 yards
Helu got more work than most expected this past Sunday, including Tim Hightower. Mike Shanahan is not afraid to play around with his running backs.
Javon Ringer, RB, Titans
Five carries, 21 yards, 1 touchdown; Two catches, 30 yards
Ringer had nearly the same amount of production as Chris Johnson with a third less touches. Not to mention that it was Ringer, not Johnson, who visited the end zone. There is no controversy for the starting job here, though.
Keiland Williams, RB, Lions
Nine carries, 25 yards, 1 touchdown
His work came in garbage time, but it was a good sign for Williams that he was able to get some touches. There is a chance that Williams becomes the No. 2 back behind Jahvid Best down the road in this high-powered offense.
Here are today’s great reads:
- Bad news for Arian Foster owners: Not only has Ben Tate played well in his absence, but head coach Gary Kubiak said that Tate will be the lead back for a while with Foster hobbled. I really, really wish the Texans would not have rushed Foster back into action. [ProFootballTalk]
- A nice list of fantasy-relevant thoughts after the first two weekends of regular season football. Always a good idea to take notes when you are watching football! [Fantasy Douche]
- There may be a movement afoot in Indianapolis for the Colts to bring Brett Favre in to play quarterback. I do not think he would be much help, honestly, but man would it at least be entertaining. [Shutdown Corner]
- More fantasy football bullets: Week 2 revelations from across the league. [National Football Post]
- Cam Newton is not the only rookie quarterback turning heads. Cincinnati rookie Andy Dalton had a nice fantasy football outing against Denver in Week 2 and most likely would have finished with decent numbers against Cleveland in Week 1. Keep an eye on this. [Roto Arcade]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.