The UFC Fight Night 25 Weigh-In saw all competitors hit their marks. Headliners Jake Shields and Jake Ellenberger weighed in at 171 and 170 pounds respectively. The welterweight contenders will meet in the main event of the fight card, which will be held in New Orleans, La. later tonight.
After falling short in a title fight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, Jake Shields will return to action at UFC Fight Night 25 against Jake Ellenberger. Less than a month after his father's death, Shields will step into the Octagon for one of the more important fights of his career.
Despite losing to St-Pierre, Shields is still considered one of the best fights in the welterweight division. A loss to an underrated Ellenberger would be extremely damaging for Shields' hopes of earning a title shot in the welterweight or middleweights divisions in the future.
For Ellenberger, a win over Shields would catapult him into the mix for a 170-pound title fight. Ellenberger has won eight of his last nine bouts, with his only loss during that time coming via split decision against top contender Carlos Condit.
Here are the full weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV)
- Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Jake Shields (171)
- Court McGee (184.5) vs. Dongi Yang (186)
- Jonathan Brookins (145.5) vs. Erik Koch (146)
- Alan Belcher (186) vs. Jason MacDonald (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Cody McKenzie (155.5) vs. Vagner Rocha (155.5)
- Shamar Bailey (156) vs. Evan Dunham (156)
- Lance Benoist (170.5) vs. Matt Riddle (171)
- Ken Stone (136) vs. Donny Walker (135.5)
- Seth Baczynski (171) vs. Clay Harvison (170)
- Mike Stumpf (171) vs. T.J. Waldburger (171)
- Mike Lullo (146) vs. Robert Peralta (145.5)
- Justin Edwards (171) vs. Jorge Lopez (171)
Sean Smith is a Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report MMA. Sean has also had his work featured on UFC.com, LowKick.com, and TheMMACorner.com. For the latest insight and updates on everything MMA, you can follow Sean on Twitter @SeanSmithMMA.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!