Here’s a look at LestersLegends’ Week 2 2011 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Jermichael Finley at Carolina: Finley had three catches for 53 yards but can do so much more. He should exploit the Panthers.
2. Antonio Gates at New England: Gates showed his foot is just fine catching eight passes for 74 yards in the opener.
3. Jason Witten at San Francisco: Witten had six catches for 110 yards against the Jets. He’s as steady as they come.
4. Rob Gronkowski vs. San Diego: He’s a big-time red-zone threat and virtually unable to be covered.
5. Jimmy Graham vs. Chicago: Had 56 yards and a score against the Pack and could do more with Colston sidelined.
6. Vernon Davis vs. Dallas: Had five catches for 47 yards in the opener. His production dipped last year, which is more realistic than his 2009 numbers, but he should be able to product against the Cowboys. who allowed a Dustin Keller touchdown last week.
7. Brandon Pettigrew vs. Kansas City: Without Eric Berry, the Chiefs could have difficulty stopping the big man.
8. Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego: Like Gronk, you just can’t cover the guy.
9. Kellen Winslow at Minnesota: Winslow had six catches for 66 yards last week and the Vikes have had issues covering tight ends the past few years.
10. Dustin Keller vs. Jacksonville: Five catches for 61 yards and a score in the opener.
11. Dallas Clark vs. Cleveland: Clark could be affected the most by Peyton’s injury.
12. Owen Daniels at Miami: Not a great opener, but the Dolphins got killed by tight ends on MNF. I’m sure Kubiak took note.
13. Greg Olsen vs. Green Bay: Had a nice debut with the Panthers. Newton could look to him when the Packers blitz.
14. Ed Dickson at Tennessee: Had five catches for 59 yards and a score in the opener.
15. Fred Davis vs. Arizona: Cooley should do better this week, but Davis has passed him.
Also check out