Another sign football season is right around the bend: Madden 12 gets released this week for all gaming consoles.
Originally scheduled to release on August 12, the date was pushed back to August 30 due to the NFL Lockout. Otherwise, we all would be playing real, regular season NFL football right now. Or, at least, another kind of fake football like our fantasy game.
If you plan on purchasing new, the price tag is hefty. But it is hard to be patient when a new Madden hits the shelves, so we are here to help a little bit. Like The Hazean’s Facebook page and you can get $5 off your new EA Sports game purchase.
Once I get my copy, look for an invite to an online franchise. Never done one of those before and I currently am in an online dynasty in NCAA 12. I could not think of a better way to play that game, other than hosting tournament parties.
Here are today’s great reads:
- Maybe next year I will get an advance copy of Madden 12 so that I can write about how great it is! Lots of love in the latest edition, including a new bidding war on free agents during the offseason. While I love playing the actual games, I really enjoy doing all the offseason stuff too. So this sounds pretty cool. [National Football Post]
- Miami running back Reggie Bush has been busting his butt this summer. I know it is hard to trust Bush at this point with all the injuries, but it could be a ridiculously productive season. He has something to prove to the NFL and I am looking forward to seeing if he can be a legitimate starting running back or not. [ProFootballTalk]
- I can rival Matthew Berry’s man-love for Michael Vick with one player this season: Baltimore’s Anquan Boldin. I have made him a target in every draft and the price is absolutely right for this guy. I expect a return to top-10 form if he stays healthy all season. [RotoProfessor]
- Speaking of Matthew Berry: 100 football facts heading into the 2011 season. Some interesting stuff here. [ESPN.com]
- Quarterback projections for the first six weeks of the regular season and some quarterback-drafting strategy for those with upcoming drafts. Only one draft weekend left before the regular season! [Fantasy Douche]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.