NFL Preseason Week 2: News, Previews & Predictions
This could very well be the most important NFL Preseason Week 2 in league history. Why? Let me count the ways:
1) Without OTA’s, mini-camps and really any semblance of a regular off-season, Week 2 is the real testing ground for rookies to make an impact on their head coaches.
2) With so many new coaching staffs this season (Broncos, Browns, Cowboys, Panthers, Niners, Raiders, Titans, Vikings), the short off-season has handcuffed them. Those staffs have to focus even more precisely this week on which players they want on the 53-man roster and which ones they don’t.
3) Head Coaches on the Hot Seat (Coughlin, Del Rio, M. Lewis, Whisenhunt, Kubiak) are going to be under even more scrutiny to show some semblance of success. Especially Coughlin, whose team looked poor in Game 1.
4) Quarterbacks in two categories need big weeks: Established guys like Eli Manning who have to find out who are his "go to" guys, because his former "go to" guys (Boss, Smith) are gone. Then there are the QB battles (Niners, Broncos, Panthers) where the guy who plays the best this week has a HUGE advantage going into Week 3.
5) Injured players looking to make strong comeback statements. Guys like E. Dumervil, Bob Sanders, Romo, Hasselbeck and Odrick are in need of making strong impressions. They didn't have the usual opportunities in mini-camps, etc., to do that so NOW is the time.
6) The contract cry-babies (Yes, Osi, I mean you!) The Osi Umenyiora's and Cortland Finnegan's of the NFL world have the chance to either change perceptions on their own teams or catch someone else's wandering eye with exceptional Week 2 performances.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?