Here’s a look at my 2011 fantasy football kicker rankings.
1. Nate Kaeding, San Diego Chargers: I’m expecting a much better showing out of Kaeding this year.
2. Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland Raiders: Seabass tied for the league lead in FGs made last year and finished second in points.
3. Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots: So far so good, but I can’t trust him as the No. 1 again.
4. David Akers, San Francisco 49ers: The move to the Bay Area scares me a little. The Niners offense is simply not as explosive.
5. Mason Crosby, Green Bay Packers: Super Bowl champs could have an even better offense in 2011.
6. Rob Bironas, Tennessee Titans: I can see them moving the chains under Hasselbeck, but coming up short. Enter Rob Bironas.
7. Neil Rackers, Houston Texans: Somehow I don’t think the Texans will be as effective in the red zone.
8. Nick Folk, New York Jets: One of three kickers with 30-plus PATs and FGs last year.
9. Alex Henery, Philadelphia Eagles: He may not be Akers, but he’s in a great spot.
10. Josh Brown, St. Louis Rams: Tied Seabass for most FGs last year.
11. Dan Carpenter, Miami Dolphins: Scoring TDs could be an issue in Miami.
12 Lawrence Tynes, New York Giants: Not a flashy pick, but a solid one.
13. Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis Colts: Kicking for the Colts (and indoors) has its perks.
14. Matt Bryant, Atlanta Falcons: The Dirty Birds should be even better this year.
15. Garrett Hartley, New Orleans Saints: Consistency is an issue for Hartley, but the Saints should be potent.
Also check out:
2011 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
2011 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
2011 Fantasy Football RB Rankings - PPR
2011 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
2011 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
2011 Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
2011 Fantasy Football IDP Rankings
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!