December 19, 2016
"We recognize, however, that future conditions may make it advantageous to expand the number of institutions in the league," Machen said. "We discussed criteria and process associated with expansion. No action was taken with respect to any institution including Texas A&M."
- Perry Jones looked excellent. While Ryerson isn't comparable to any team the Bears will be playing, Jones scored from all over the court. He hit smooth turn around jumpers, faced up and blew by his man, and found himself hitting back to back three's.
- Baylor's newcomers looked excellent. Pierre Jackson brings a new dynamic to the Bears and was by far the quickest player on the court. Brady Heslip is better than advertised. Not only did he hit trey after trey, he worked hard defensively and ran the point at times for Baylor.
- Gary Franklin, Quincy Acy, and Quincy Miller, all sat out for different reasons. Acy has a minor injury and is resting up, Miller is still recovering from ACL surgery his senior year, and Franklin isn't eligible until December.
- Cory Jefferson has put up some excellent numbers thus far on the Bears trip to Canada. He might be the answer in the middle that Baylor has been missing since the graduation of Josh Lomers.
- After struggling last season at Point Guard, the Bears have multiple options this year. Heslip provides an outside shooting threat, Jackson will provide great court vision, and Walton will be his same old self providing plenty of defense. On top of all that, who knows what Cal transfer Gary Franklin can provide.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!