It could be a rainy night in Kansas City as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers open their 2011 preseason. We'll be taking a look at the NFL's youngest team tonight. For many players, it will be their first taste of action as a professional.
Here are some of the things to keep an eye on this evening:
1. How will Josh Freeman and the offense look? Freeman has been sharp in camp and this offensive line has three Pro Bowl players. It's time for this unit to step up as it may have to carry the team early in the season as the defense gains experience.
2. Can the defense stop of the run? Kansas City has a franchise quarterback in Matt Cassel and he has good running backs behind him in veteran Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles. Will the Bucs be able to hold the running game in check? If it is a rainy night, the running game may come to the forefront. Keep an eye on Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers.
3. Michael Koenen and the special teams. How strong is Koenen's leg? Keep an eye on how many touchbacks he has.
4. Who will step up as the second back behind LeGarrette Blount? There's a lot of competition and that is a question that will be answered during the entire preseason.
5. How will Mason Foster perform? Foster will start at the middle linebacker, but on nickel situations he'll come out and Quincy Black will be in the middle. Keep an eye on Black, he has to become a leader on this defense.
Kickoff is coming up shortly. Settle in, grab a cold beverage and enjoy the action.