Daily Haze: Best Fantasy Football Team Names, Preseason Football and Injuries
For a while this offseason, it looked like there might not be any professional football this year. Football fans were well on their way to getting prescriptions for Wellbutrin XL to help cope.
But the deal between the league and players did get done, and so the NFL kicked off its preseason schedule last night. Although I only watched about a quarter of the game between Seattle and San Diego … It is preseason football, after all.
But I was so glad to see live football on television again. No more talk of the CBA, lockout, lawyers and judges. Just the game.
With the game comes fantasy football, and there are several stories worth mentioning from this week at The Hazean. First, a programming note: Sorry for not having a Daily Haze yesterday. My birthday was Wednesday and I was unable to get one written in time.
This week’s highlights:
- Injuries are taking center stage in the NFL
- Voting for the best fantasy football team name of the summer is underway!
- And speaking of injuries, fantasy owners lost rookie running back Mikel LeShoure for the season
- More on the preseason football that started last night
- How Chris Johnson’s holdout is going to affect fantasy owners
Here are today’s great reads:
- If you are concocting a recipe for your fantasy football leagues this season, these are five crucial ingredients to winning it all. [Fantasy Football Fools]
- Looking for a quarterback who can throw a great deep ball? Michael Vick, Tom Brady and Josh Freeman are your guys. Yes, that’s right, I said Josh Freeman. [Fantasy Douche]
- Washington, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Carolina: The four worst teams from a fantasy football perspective. Actually surprised to see the Panthers here with DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey. Might be a sleeper offense if they can get any QB play. [Roto Arcade]
- Five rookies to target in your fantasy draft, including Cam Newton who should be leading that Carolina offense this year. Jimmy Clausen will not be able to keep him off the field for long. [Fantasy Knuckleheads]
- Composite fantasy football rankings from a number of respected websites. [The Big Lead]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?