It did not take for an injury to rock the fantasy world.
Not even two weeks into training camp, the Lions have lost rookie running back Mikel LeShoure to an Achilles tendon injury. LeShoure figured to be a big part of the Lions offense this year, particularly in short-yardage and goal line situations.
Fantasy owners lose a rookie with a good deal of hype. LeShoure was going to be the power back to complement second-year runner Jahvid Best. Obviously LeShoure can be removed from cheat sheets for standard leagues (though he still is worth a pick in dynasty formats and some keeper formats).
The Lions’ offense takes a slight hit. Matthew Stafford‘s main weapons still are intact; In fact, this might actually help Stafford a little bit by taking away a touchdown threat. I would not bump Best up the charts just yet, because the Lions still may sign a free agent and he is ranked fairly well anyway.
I would, however, start considering Maurice Morris. He played well in stretches in the past and will serve in the committee with Best as of right now.
Here are today’s great reads:
- With fantasy drafts right around the corner, now is the time to start consuming fantasy information by the boat load. What better place to start than the library … [Fantasy Football Librarian]
- I admit I am not in love with Peyton Hillis this season. I think he is being taken as a RB1 and I am not sure I trust him to stay healthy the whole season given his running style. But the arguments for Hillis are impressive and notable. [Roto Arcade]
- Now that LeShoure is out of the picture as a rookie running back with hype, fantasy owners can turn their attention to the desert. With Tim Hightower out of the picture, only Beanie Wells stands in the way of Ryan Williams and significant playing time. And that’s not much. [Fantasy Knuckleheads]
- Ray Rice finally took the first hit to his fantasy value this offseason, but it should not be much. The Ravens signed Ricky Williams yesterday to replace Willis McGahee. I doubt this affects Rice all that much, so draft him with confidence. [The Fantasy Football Geek Blog]
- Running back rankings! Top 30, updated as of yesterday. Enjoy. [RotoProfessor]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.