NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Benches Clear in Fenway 🍿

Nonito Donaire Re-Signs with Top Rank for 4 Years, Fights Again in October

Justin TateJun 7, 2018

Nonito Donaire (26-1, 18 KO), the 28-year-old bantamweight (118 lbs) titlist, has re-signed with Bob Arum's Top Rank.

After initially attempting to leave Top Rank for Golden Boy earlier in the year, Donaire has confirmed in a statement released Monday night that he's signed to a lucrative four-year deal.

According to The Ring boxing website, Donaire had this to say about the situation in the release:

TOP NEWS

Oleksandr Usyk v Rico Verhoeven: Glory in Giza - Fight Night

Controversial Usyk TKO Win 🤔

Oleksandr Usyk v Rico Verhoeven: Glory in Giza - Fight Night

Usyk-Verhoeven Winners & Losers 🥊

Obit NASCAR Kyle Busch Auto Racing

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

"

"I am very happy and pleased to announce a recent reconciliation between Top Rank, and myself.

There were some details that required attention, and I feel confident now that my professional goals are being understood and respected by Top Rank. And we have likewise come to a mutual understanding and agreement as far as our common objectives in boxing and how we can work better together as a team."

"

Top Rank has said that they are looking at offers from both HBO and Showtime to host the next Donaire fight in October.

Top Rank President Todd duBoef was very happy to have the matter resolved. "We are thrilled to move forward with Nonito, his team and capitalize on what we have built together," he said.

Donaire last knocked out Fernando Montiel (44-3-2, 34 KO) in just under two rounds this past February.

That victory earned Donaire two of the world titles at bantamweight, If the Filipino boxer wishes to enhance his collection, the other world titlists such as Koki Kameda (25-1, 16 KO) and Joseph Agbeko (28-2-2, 22 KO) are still major opponents.

With Top Rank, Donaire could always move up to super bantamweight (122 lbs) to face the likes of Mexican legend Jorge Arce (57-6-2, 44 KO).

Arce became the best thing about the Pacquiao-Mosley fight card when he became the first fighter born of Mexico to with world titles in four weight classes when he pummeled WBO supclser bantamweight world champion at the time, Wilfredo Gomez Jr (19-1-1, 16 KO) into submission.

Arce is actually known for never losing to a Filipino, despite facing many throughout the years. Perhaps Donaire could be the first Filipino to beat Arce, snatching his own world title in a fourth weight class.

The boxing world can now rejoice knowing its other Filipino hero (besides Manny Pacquiao) is fighting once again this October.

Benches Clear in Fenway 🍿

TOP NEWS

Oleksandr Usyk v Rico Verhoeven: Glory in Giza - Fight Night

Controversial Usyk TKO Win 🤔

Oleksandr Usyk v Rico Verhoeven: Glory in Giza - Fight Night

Usyk-Verhoeven Winners & Losers 🥊

Obit NASCAR Kyle Busch Auto Racing

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers - Game Three

Cavs' 'New Rules' for Fans at Game 3

Knicks fans' watch party in New York

Report: Knicks Watch Party Shut Down

Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉
Bleacher Report11h

Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉

1 way each NFL squad could improve its roster as offseason programs get underway 📲

TRENDING ON B/R