Yet another Premier League season, means another season of trying your own luck as a manager in the Premier League. I am of course talking about the Fantasy Premier League game. This slideshow is based on the Fantasy Premier League game, and the players who could be useful additions to any squad you make
For the purposes of the article, prices are based on the Official Premier League Fantasy game. For those interested I have set up a league for Bleacher Report Members. Once you sign up enter the league code 165635-67464 to join up with other members from the site.
For now here are four players that could set the EPL on fire and should be included in your squad. Remember in the game you have a budget and therefore that has to be taken into account. The list may also provide indicators for players to keep an eye on in the Premier League in general.
Some general things to take into account with the players chosen and the game.
- Each team has a budget of £100 million
- Each team needs a squad of 15 players (2 Keepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders, 3 forwards)
- The highest point scorer for each postition last season are as follows; Goalkeeper: Joe Hart (175 pts); Defender: Leighton Baines (178 pts); Midfield; Nani (198 pts); Tevez (185 pts)
- Points are awarded based on various stats each game (clean sheet, goals, assists...)
- Teams can only have a certain amount of players form each EPL club.
So join up and check back on the Bleacher Report for weekly player performances. The game is merely for fun and there are no prizes involved. The winner will however have bragging rights around the site.