I'll have a lot more tomorrow about yesterday's game against Baylor but right now I'm on a college football high after that Texas Tech-Texas game. There's a very realistic possibility that the season will end with a three-way tie for the Big 12 South championship. If Okie St. wins at TT next week then Texas, OU, Tech and the Pokes will all have one conference loss. Either OSU or Oklahoma will likely be eliminated from the competition after they play each other but then there could be a three-way tie for the championship. So here are the tiebreaker scenarios courtesy of the Oklahoman:
"If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.
7. The representative will be chosen by draw."
So it's a huge clusterfuck basically. And who's for changing that seventh tiebreaker to a best of seven series of rock-paper-scissors?