UFC 133 is set to take place on August 6 from the City of Brotherly Love; Philadelphia, PA. The event will be held at the Wells Fargo Center.
The fight card will be headlined by a bout between former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and Phil Davis. It was originally thought that current light heavyweight champion Jon Jones would be meeting Evans on this card, but a hand injury to the champion prevented that fight from being booked.
Davis will bring a perfect record of 9-0 into the bout, while Evans, who has not fought since May 29, 2010 sports a 15-1-1 record. Evans' sole loss was at the hands of Lyoto Machida in a fight that saw Machida wrest the UFC title from Evans' grasp.
Also appearing on the card will be another former UFC champion, Rich Franklin. Franklin will meet Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the co-main event of the evening. Both fighters are coming off losses in their last bouts, with Franklin dropping a unanimous decision to Forrest Griffin and Nogueira falling to Phil Davis in the same manner.
The complete UFC 133 fight card is listed below.
- Phil Davis vs. Rashad Evans
- Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort
- Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
- Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
- Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya
- Brian Ebersole vs. Dennis Hallman
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Nick Pace
- Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce
- Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan
Bleacher Report will be your source for news, analysis and opinions on the upcoming fight card.
Check back often as the fight card nears for all the UFC 133 information you need.