Daily Haze: Notable Free Agent Running Backs
Editor’s note: Remember to submit your best fantasy football team name into our July contest. Winners get Mardi Gras prize-packs!
When the NFL lockout ends — hoping this week — chaos begins.
Remember that there has been no free agency yet this league year? Well, that is going to have to happen before training camps start at the end of this month.
Not much time to get this stuff done. Which means there is going to be a feeding frenzy for available players.
Who all those players are still is a little bit of a mystery. The new CBA will dictate which players are free agents and which are not, so this list may not be accurate by the time the signing period rolls around.
But for now, it will do.
Resurrected his career in Cincinnati, but that team is a mess right now. Will he choose to stay? The Bengals will not cave to Carson Palmer’s demands so I hope Benson does not ask for much..
Landing spot: Cincinnati.
Brown might have a few useful seasons left in him at this point, but does not look like the same runner pre-injuries. He fits well in Miami and is the key to the Wildcat, which the team has not abandoned.
Landing spot: Miami.
Unlike Brown, his time in Miami looks to be at an end. Williams, like Benson, resurrected his career in South Beach but can he keep it going on another team?
Landing spot: A contender, like the Patriots. Ricky’s at the point where he probably wants a shot at a ring. But New England has a crowded backfield already.
A veteran running back who overcame career-ending knee injuries to stay in the league, Williams remains a threat to fantasy owners. He likely will latch on with a team needing some help on 3rd downs.
Landing spot: Pittsburgh? Mewelde Moore is not getting any younger and the Steelers could use a versatile back like Williams to keep Rashard Mendenhall fresh.
Here are today’s great reads:
- First stop for fantasy football advice: The Fantasy Football Librarian. If you have not bookmarked her site yet, do it now. You will get all kinds of great fantasy football stories here all year long. [Fantasy Football Librarian]
- Looking for a sleeper running back this season? Consider Seattle’s post-hype bruiser Marshawn Lynch. Had an epic playoff performance against the Saints last year but stayed under the radar for the most part. Might benefit more this season now that he has spent some time in the system. [Fantasy Knuckleheads]
- Staying in Seattle, the quarterback position remains unsettled. They could bring Matt Hasselbeck back for another season, or give the reigns to Charlie Whitehurst. Or the Seahawks could one-up the Cardinals and trade for Kevin Kolb, preventing him from landing in the desert. The chaos is coming! [ProFootballTalk]
- Another top-10 running backs list with Arian Foster at No. 1. Are fantasy owners really ready to knock Adrian Peterson off the summit? Will Foster be able to live up to his 2010 fantasy season? Kinda worried about that, as a Foster owner in a keeper league. [RazzBall]
- So when exactly will the NFL lockout end? July 12? Sooner? Later? Place your bets in the comments. [The Big Lead]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?