Time for A Change
I’m about to drastically reduce the number of posts I make here at Bears Necessity. I’ve been pondering this decision for some time, and I’ve realized that I’m not really efficient (as a writer, as a reader, as a human being) blogging on a day-by-day basis. Most of what I’ve been writing feels pretty forced over the past few months, and I seem to be avoiding writing the things I’d like to be writing at the expense of creating six new posts every week (when I’m probably capable of two or three). I’ve been thinking more and more about turning this into a community, since I don’t think I’ll be able to maintain the zeal-like focus that has kept me going at this for eighteen months. There are other things I want to do, and not all of them involve Cal football.
- I’ll only be liveblogging the final two road games (there’s a good chance I’ll be at the Washington/’Furd games anyway). For the home games, most of the readers seem to be at the game anyway, so there’s no real point in reblogging the events.
- The report cards will be brief, and they might just be grades. Ditto blogpolls.
- I’m going to try to respond more to Tony’s posts and create more of a narrative in the next few weeks if I can.
- Future posts will be more of the analytic type (statistics and gamefilm)–longer posts but in longer intervals (maybe two or three a week?), to allow more time for fans to digest the material. I don’t like playing Monday Morning quarterback as much as I did when I started this.
- And hopefully the dialogue will be more responsible and interesting in the future. I want this to be fun, so I’m going to treat it as such. Here’s for more interesting posts in the future!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?