October 27, 2008
- Has not talked to Vernon Davis, but he will. He says he is not in a rush to do it.
- "One of the biggest things we talk about on this team is respect."
- Said that Davis crossed the line, and if he had to do it over again, he would do the same thing.
- "Vernon is not a problem guy."
- Said that Davis is not a distraction on the team.
- "No one is above the team, including myself."
- Does not have a doghouse and won't play games with his players.
- He and Mike Martz looked at the film this morning and will have a conversation about who will start at quarterback against Arizona.
- "We have to make the best decision to make the right fit."
- The decision on the starting quarterback will be unanimous.
- "I want to be a physical football team."
- Loves Martz's offense.
- Tony Wragge and David Baas played great.
- "We are a young and aspiring team. We don't need distractions and the people that don't want to be a part of this. We need everybody on deck. My eyes are always looking out for those people that want to be a part of something special."
- Doesn't want his players to argue with the referees. "We all would like to choke them at times." Says it is better to back away and move on.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!