- Has not talked to Vernon Davis, but he will. He says he is not in a rush to do it.
- "One of the biggest things we talk about on this team is respect."
- Said that Davis crossed the line, and if he had to do it over again, he would do the same thing.
- "Vernon is not a problem guy."
- Said that Davis is not a distraction on the team.
- "No one is above the team, including myself."
- Does not have a doghouse and won't play games with his players.
- He and Mike Martz looked at the film this morning and will have a conversation about who will start at quarterback against Arizona.
- "We have to make the best decision to make the right fit."
- The decision on the starting quarterback will be unanimous.
- "I want to be a physical football team."
- Loves Martz's offense.
- Tony Wragge and David Baas played great.
- "We are a young and aspiring team. We don't need distractions and the people that don't want to be a part of this. We need everybody on deck. My eyes are always looking out for those people that want to be a part of something special."
- Doesn't want his players to argue with the referees. "We all would like to choke them at times." Says it is better to back away and move on.