NBA Mock Draft 2011: Final Projections, Wizards Take Iman Shumpert No. 18
Iman Shumpert To Washington Wizards In 2011 NBA Mock Draft
Why would Washington draft a point guard when they have John Wall? Their current backup is Mustafa Shakur, no relation to Tupac or the Lion King, that’s why.
The Wizards second biggest need next to a small forward is a backup point guard. Iman Shumpert could hold down the fort while Wall takes a breather.
NBA role players have to have a special niche to be successful. Shumpert has the niche: defense.
He’s a phenomenal perimeter defender. At 6’6” with a 6’10” wingspan, Shumpert length is going to cause problems for opposing point guards. He’s also a good athlete.
Shumpert’s biggest problem is his shot and point guard abilities. If he works on his jumper and lands in a good situation, he could turn out to be a very solid role player off the bench for a contender.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving
2. Minnesota Timberwolves: Derrick Williams
3. Utah Jazz: Enes Kanter
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Jan Vesely
5. Toronto Raptors: Kemba Walker
6. Washington Wizards: Tristan Thompson
7. Sacramento Kings: Brandon Knight
8. Detroit Pistons: Kawhi Leonard
9. Charlotte Bobcats: Bismack Biyombo
10. Milwaukee Bucks: Klay Thompson
11. Golden State Warriors: Jonas Valanciunas
12. Utah Jazz: Jimmer Fredette
13. Phoenix Suns: Alec Burks
14. Houston Rockets: Nikola Vucevic
15. Indiana Pacers: Marcus Morris
16. Philadelphia 76ers: Jordan Hamilton
17. New York Knicks: Chris Singleton
18. Washington Wizards: Iman Shumpert
19. Charlotte Bobcats: Marshon Brooks
20. Minnesota Timberwolves: Donatas Motiejunas
21. Portland Trail Blazers: Markieff Morris
22. Denver Nuggets: Kenneth Faried
23. Houston Rockets: Tobias Harris
24. Oklahoma City Thunder: Kyle Singler
25. Boston Celtics: JaJuan Johnson
26. Dallas Mavericks: Nikola Mirotic
27. New Jersey Nets: Justin Harper
28. Chicago Bulls: Josh Selby
29. San Antonio Spurs: Davis Bertans
30. Chicago Bulls: Tyler Honeycutt
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?