2011 NBA Mock Draft: Final Projections, New York Knicks Take Chris Singleton
2011 NBA Mock Draft Says New York Knicks Rescue Chris Singleton at No. 17
The New York Knicks have two major needs: center and backup/future point guard.
Both positions will have players available but almost all of them will be reaches at this stage in the draft.
Chris Singleton, a long 3-man from Florida State, is neither of those positions but does one thing the Knicks can’t do; he plays defense.
Singleton has great size and athleticism, can guard big or small in the NBA and is, every sense of the phrase, a lockdown defender.
If he can develop a legitimate offensive game he’ll be a very good player, and a huge contributor in New York, for a very long time.
The Knicks want to trade up from this spot to land Jimmer Fredette or possibly even Bismack “The Business” Biyombo, a.k.a “B-Smack”. If they sit tight though, and Singleton falls, he’ll be too good of a value to pass up.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving
2. Minnesota Timberwolves: Derrick Williams
3. Utah Jazz: Enes Kanter
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Jan Vesely
5. Toronto Raptors: Kemba Walker
6. Washington Wizards: Tristan Thompson
7. Sacramento Kings: Brandon Knight
8. Detroit Pistons: Kawhi Leonard
9. Charlotte Bobcats: Bismack Biyombo
10. Milwaukee Bucks: Klay Thompson
11. Golden State Warriors: Jonas Valanciunas
12. Utah Jazz: Jimmer Fredette
13. Phoenix Suns: Alec Burks
14. Houston Rockets: Nikola Vucevic
15. Indiana Pacers: Marcus Morris
16. Philadelphia 76ers: Jordan Hamilton
17. New York Knicks: Chris Singleton
18. Washington Wizards: Iman Shumpert
19. Charlotte Bobcats: Marshon Brooks
20. Minnesota Timberwolves: Donatas Motiejunas
21. Portland Trail Blazers: Markieff Morris
22. Denver Nuggets: Kenneth Faried
23. Houston Rockets: Tobias Harris
24. Oklahoma City Thunder: Kyle Singler
25. Boston Celtics: JaJuan Johnson
26. Dallas Mavericks: Nikola Mirotic
27. New Jersey Nets: Justin Harper
28. Chicago Bulls: Josh Selby
29. San Antonio Spurs: Davis Bertans
30. Chicago Bulls: Tyler Honeycutt
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?