2011 NBA Mock Draft: Cleveland Cavaliers Still Undecided on Irving and Williams
Cleveland Cavaliers Still Haven't Decided Between Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams With First Pick in 2011 NBA Draft
Contrary to popular belief, the Cleveland Cavaliers have not yet settled on Duke point guard Kyrie Irving as their choice with the first-overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.
In speaking to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Cavs coach Byron Scott says that there is still a ways to go before a final decision is made between Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams. Scott explains:
“We’re all keeping an open mind and understand we have a few more workouts to go through. Both of those guys are very, very good basketball players in our minds. Both are going to have a long career, but no way are we set on a guy.”
That, of course, does not necessarily disqualify Irving as the Cavs' eventual pick. If anything, that stance may simply be a ruse to keep the rest of the NBA on its toes as Cleveland tries to figure out what to do with it's two top-five picks.
The Cavs have reportedly been shopping the fourth-overall pick to other teams in the 2011 NBA Draft, including the Minnesota Timberwolves, who own the second pick in the draft. Should Cleveland nab Minnesota's selection, the Cavs would then own the top two picks in this year's draft, rendering any debate between Williams and Irving at the top moot.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers - Kyrie Irving, PG, Duke
2. Minnesota Timberwolves - Derrick Williams, PF, Arizona
3. Utah Jazz - Brandon Knight, PG, Kentucky
4. Cleveland Cavaliers - Enes Kanter, C, Kentucky
5. Toronto Raptors - Jonas Valanciunas, PF/C, Lithuania
6. Washington Wizards - Jan Vesely, PF, Czech Republic
7. Sacramento Kings - Kemba Walker, PG, UConn
8. Detroit Pistons - Kawhi Leonard, SF, San Diego State
9. Charlotte Bobcats - Marcus Morris, SF, Kansas
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Alec Burks, SG, Colorado
11. Golden State Warriors - Klay Thompson, SG, Washington State
12. Utah Jazz - Chris Singleton, SF, Florida State
13. Phoenix Suns - Bismack Biyombo, PF, Congo
14. Houston Rockets - Donatas Motiejunas, PF, Lithuania
15. Indiana Pacers - Jimmer Fredette, PG, BYU
16. Philadelphia 76ers - Markieff Morris, PF, Kansas
17. New York Knicks - Marshon Brooks, SG, Providence
18. Washington Wizards - Jordan Hamilton, SF, Texas
19. Charlotte Bobcats - Tristan Thompson, PF, Texas
20. Minnesota Timberwolves - Nikola Vucevic, PF, USC
21. Portland Trailblazers - Kenneth Faried, PF, Morehead State
22. Denver Nuggets - Tyler Honeycutt, SF, UCLA
23. Houston Rockets - Darius Morris, PG, Michigan
24. Oklahoma City Thunder - Tobias Harris, PF, Tennessee
25. Boston Celtics - JaJuan Johnson, PF, Purdue
26. Dallas Mavericks - Josh Selby, PG, Kansas
27. New Jersey Nets - Trey Thompkins, PF, Georgia
28. Chicago Bulls - Shelvin Mack, PG, Butler
29. San Antonio Spurs - Nikola Mirotic, SF, Serbia
30. Chicago Bulls - Kyle Singler, SF, Duke
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?