Just some quick stats for you today:
- The Jackets are 9th overall in the West but have as many points as 7th ranked Colorado and 8th ranked Nashville.
- The Central is 4-4 versus the East thus far.
- Can you believe Anaheim, Calgary and Dallas are all 11th or worst in the conference (I know its real early)?
- Through six games this year the Jackets have scored 20 goals versus 16 last year. That's an average of 3.3 goals per game.
- On the flip side through six games last season the Jackets had given up only 9 goals versus 23 this year. That's giving up 3.8 goals per game. That 9 goals from last year included 3 shutouts -- really amazing if you think about it.
- 10 different players have scored goals for the Jackets. 4 have scored their first ever NHL goals in Voracek, Methot, Dorsett & Filatov.
- The Jackets' Brassard and Voracek are tied for 2nd in rookie scoring with 5 points each. Kris Verteeg of the Chicago Blackhawks leads all rookies with 7 points.
- Rick Nash is tied for 7th in goal scoring with 5. Tomas Vanek and Keith Tkachuk lead with 7 each.
- Kristian Huselius is tied for 23rd in overall scoring with 7 points (the highest Jacket).
- Derek Dorsett leads the NHL in PIMs with 39. Picard is 13th with 22.
- The Jackets are 17th in face off percentage 49.4%.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!