25 Sports Hotties Who Clean Up Well
There was a time when sports could be played, or even dominated, by goofy-looking people.
Go look up Ernie Lombardi, Shoeless Joe Jackson and George Mikan if you do not believe me. Killer looks and sculpted figures were not always necessary requisites.
But in the 21st century, hyper competitiveness requires athletes to be in top shape in order to rise to the top of their games. The result is that the vast majority of professional athletes have fantastic bodies.
And this phenomenon becomes a windfall for female athletes, as the very things that makes them great athletes also tends to make them look great in evening gowns, bathing suits and what have you.
Here's a look at 25 such athletes, hotties, if you will, who clean up well.
25. Ana Ivanovic: Working
Ana Ivanovic looks good even she is all sweaty and dirty.
25. Ana Ivanovic: Playing
But dressed up for a night on the town, one would never known that she was ever sweaty or dirty.
24. Anna Rawson: On the Links
Anna Rawson, ready to tee off.
24. Anna Rawson: On the Town
Anna Rawson, on the red carpet.
23. Blair O'Neal: Driving
Blair O'Neal makes golf sexy.
23. Blair O'Neal: Posing
And cleans up well.
22. Bianca and Bia Feres: Working It
From what we understand, these two are synchronized swimmers.
22. Bianca and Bia Feres: Kicking It
We promise, we tried to find pictures of them swimming.
21. Danica Patrick: Work Clothes
Danica Patrick, desperately trying to keep her coveralls on.
21. Danica Patrick: Play Clothes
Danica Patrick, having less trouble.
20. Frederica Pellegrini: Ready to Swim
Getting ready to swim . . .
20. Federica Pellegrini: Ready to Make a Splash
...and ready to go out afterwards.
19. Jennie Finch: Ready to Pitch
Jennie Finch, a classic girl next door on the ball field.
19. Jennie Finch: Ready to Strut
The girl next door to my house did not look like that.
18. Julia Mancuso: Sexy Skier
Hey, nice suit.
18. Julia Mancuso: Red Carpeter
17. Leryn Franco: On the Track
Leryn Franco, a javelin thrower at the 2008 Olympics.
17. Leryn Franco: On the Catwalk
And in her second career as a fashion model.
16. Maria Kirilenko: Swinging the Racket
Look at her, skirt fluttering, hair all over the place.
16. Maria Kirilenko: After the Fact
Now look at her, a Good Housekeeping cover girl.
15. Misty May: In the Sand
15. Misty May: On the Land
All cleaned up.
14. Sasha Cohen: On the Ice
Sasha Cohen working.
14. Sasha Cohen: All Dressed Up
Sasha Cohen looking like she's nominated for an Oscar.
13. Anna Kournikova: Then
Hey wait, Anna Kournikova used to play tennis?
13. Anna Kournikova: Now
This is the Anna we're all used to.
12. Candace Parker: Baller
Candace Parker, tom-boy baller.
12. Candace Parker: Player
Is that Candace Parker, or Toni Braxton?
11. Clair Bidex: With Snowboard
We simply must pay more attention to snowboarding at the next Olympics.
11. Clair Bidex: With Dress
10. Kim Yu Na: Skating
Lovely on skates.
10. Kim Yu Na: Posing
Lovely holding skates.
9. Lisa Leslie: In the Lane
She's about to dunk you up.
9. Lisa Leslie: On the Carpet
8. Lokelani McMichael: Biker
Notice how her sweat has a nice, even, sexy gloss.
8. Lokelani McMichael: Looker
Lovely. See, all she had to do is get rid of the sweat and she's cleaned up!
7. Maria Sharapova: Tennis Star
7. Maria Sharapova: International Celebrity
6. Nastia Liukin: In China
6. Nastia Liukin: Back Home
Nastia as she wants to be.
5. Tanith Belbin: Ice Dancer
Tanith Belbin and her Olympic ice-dancing partner Benjamin Agosto never won gold, settling for silver in 2006.
5. Tanith Belbin: Catwalker
Tanith Belbin, golden from head to toe.
4. Lauren Jackson: On the Court
Girl, how tall you is?
4. Lauren Jackson: Off the Court
3. Lindsey Vonn: Skier
That snow will melt very quickly.
3. Lindsey Vonn: ESPY Nominee
That red carpet will shoot up in flames very quickly.
2. Amanda Beard: Dirty
OK, so former Olympic swimmer Amanda Beard is already pretty clean in this picture.
2. Amanda Beard: Clean
But I think we can all agree that she "cleans up" well in this picture.
1. Anastasia Ashley: Before
1. Anastasia Ashley: After
Yeah, she knows it. Must be tough to be No. 1.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!