Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Kobe Bryant is the most controversial Laker in team history and his actions have routinely been scrutinized since he entered the league in 1996.
Here are a handful of his most controversial moments:
- The ongoing feud with Shaquille O’Neal
- The “incident” in Colorado and the following court case
- Phil Jackson’s reference to Kobe as “uncoachable” in his book
- The three straight air balls that he shot in a critical moment of a rookie playoff game
- The accusation that he quit on his team during Game 7 of the 2006 Playoff series against Phoenix
- The time he almost signed with the Clippers
- The Turkish Airlines commercial
- The Call of Duty Black Ops commercial
- The YouTube video in which he called out Andrew Bynum
- The recent use of a “gay slur”
- The jersey change from No. 8 to No. 24
Despite all of the controversy, when Kobe hangs up his sneakers he will go down as one of the best Lakers in team history.