Ribak's Basketball Fav 50...Are You In??
My Fav 50 include the top 50 fantasy players of the 2008-09 NBA season..
1. Chris Paul(PG) - Led the league last year in assists and steals, fantasy owner's dream
2. LeBron James(SF) - Please show me his birth certificate saying he's really 24
3. Kobe Bryant(SG) -Mr. MVP, I dont care that the Lakers are stacked, expect Kobe's numbers to stay the same from last year, 28 points, 6 assists, 6 rebounds
4. Dwyane Wade(SG) - High on Wade this year, should have a monster year...do i hear MVP?
5. Amare Stoudemire(C) - He is the number 1 center. Last 2 years only missed 3 games, looks like hes back.
6. Dwight Howard(C) - Superman is only 23! Expect 25ppg along with 13rpg and over 2 blocks. Only knock is his FT%
7. Dirk Nowitzki(PF) - With Kidd in town, look for Dirk to be a force this year, 26 ppg and 9rpg
8. Elton Brand(PF,C) - Is out to prove something, don't overlook Phili's brand new toy
9. Baron Davis(PG) - Played all 82 games last season, coming into training camp looking five years younger. 23 and close to 10 assists is not out of the question
10. Allen Iverson(G) - Amazing how he still does it after getting beat up all these years
11. Deron Williams(PG) - A better version of Steve Nash, 20ppg, 11apg
12. Kevin Garnett(PF) - No longer the force he used to be, but still has steady numbers all across
13. Chris Bosh(PF) - Should get plenty of open looks with the addition of Jermaine O'neal, that's if J.O stays healthy
14. Josh Smith(SF) - A true fantasy stud, only 22, gets you every category and then some
15. Caron Butler(G,F) - Has as much upside as anyone if healthy, with Arenas out expect big numbers, 23 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, as well as over 2 steals a game
16. Steve Nash(PG) - Shooting over 50% from the floor for a PG is rare
17. Carmelo Anthony(SF) - Always a high scorer, is building a nice all around game
18. Tim Duncan(PF) - As consistent as they come, 20/10, 3 assists, 2 blocks
19. Danny Granger(G,F) - Very high on him this year, major breakout season
20. Yao Ming(C) - Would have been higher, but has trust issues dealing with health
21. Carlos Boozer(PF) - Solid 20/10 with over 50% from the floor
22. Al Jefferson(PF,C) - How can Love hurt anybody? Expect big numbers from this young stud, 22ppg 12 rpg
23. Jose Calderon(PG) - Is Toronto's full time starter, can easily compete with CP3 for the league lead in assists
24. Jason Richardson(G,F) - What a first season he had with Charlotte, can he repeat?
25. Joe Johnson(G) - Was very productive during the second half of the year last year, expect 23ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg
26. Antawn Jamison(F) - Will carry the load along with Butler with Arenas out, expect 21 points, 10 rebounds
27. Jason Kidd(PG) - First player since Magic Johnson to average 10+points and assists and 7.5+rebounds
28. Brandon Roy(G) - A very fine player, just so much talent around him
29. Rudy Gay(SF) - What a talent, be sure to draft him before your friend does
30. Andre Iguodala(G,F) - The other A.I., numbers will increase with Brand coming into town. 21 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2 spg
31. Vince Carter(G,F) - A little low for V.C, worries me though with the Nets probably being a losing team, how will he handle it?
32. Kevin Martin(SG) - You never hear a lot of people talking about him, an all around player, expect 23 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg
33. Paul Pierce(G,F) - Even with KG, and Ray Allen, Pierce should still average 20ppg, 5rpg, 5 apg
34. Tracy McGrady(G,F) - If only he could stay healthy....
35. Pau Gasol(PF,C) - A lot of talent around him, will still get you solid numbers from a big man. 17 ppg, 8 rpg 3 apg as well as over a block
36. Hedo Turkoglu(G,F) - Came out of no where last year, numbers should remain the same
37. David West(PF) - Playing alongside Chris Paul can't hurt, stays consistent again this year. 20ppg, 10rpg
38. Tony Parker(PG) - Scoring will increase with the absence of Manu Ginobili
39. Chauncey Billups(PG) - Might be leaving Detriot soon, out to prove he still has it
40. Andrew Bogut(C) - Second half last year he averaged 16.3 points, 11.6 rebounds, 1.7 blocks and 1 steal
41. Kevin Durant(G,F) - Nice rookie campaign, averaging 24 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists is not bad for a second year player
42. Michael Redd(SG) - Milwaukee's sharp shooter, Richard Jefferson will help his game out
43. Corey Maggette(G,F) - Numbers should improve by the run and gun offense of the Warriors
44. T.J Ford(PG) - Is the man at point for Indiana now, could average 10 assists
45. Rashard Lewis(F) - Sunk 226 3s last season, will get tons of open looks with Dwight Howard roaming the middle
46. Josh Howard(G,F) - A gifted athlete, but no one knows how he will handle all the criticism
47. Devin Harris(PG) - I'm on the Harris' bandwagon, can expect 15 ppg and 7 apg from the young poing guard
48. Mike Dunleavy(G,F) - Finally came into his own last year, Indiana's go to guy
49. Gerald Wallace(SF) - The king of rotisserie leagues, if he can stay healthy for a full year, watch out...
50. Lamar Odom(F) - Talk says he could get some time at the point, will improve his assists numbers
On The Bubble:
Raymond Felton(PG), Shawn Marion(F), Leandro Barbosa(G), Richard Jefferson(SF), Andrew Bynum(F,C), Al Horford(F,C), Richard Hamilton(SG), John Salmons(G,F), Mehmet Okur(C). Andre Miller(PG), David Lee(F,C), Al Thornton(F), Mike Miller(G,F), Mike Bibby(PG), Emeka Okafor(F.C)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?