Ryan Kerrigan Taken by Redskins at 16 After Washington Trades 10th Overall Pick
Ryan Kerrigan is now a Washington Redskin, and it's interesting now to review the Skins' choices so far in the 2011 NFL draft.
First they traded the 10th overall pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for the 16th and 49th overall picks, and the Jags used their shiny new pick on Blaine Gabbert. It appears as though the Redskins may have coveted Ryan Kerrigan the whole time, simply realizing they could get him later if they traded down and acquired additional value.
Interestingly, there was some early buzz the Redskins might trade the 10th overall pick, though Kerrigan's name hadn't really come up.
Here are the picks so far:
1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
3. Buffalo Bills: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
6. Atlanta Falcons (From Cleveland): Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
7. San Francisco 49ers: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
8. Tennessee Titans: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Washington): Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
11. Houston Texans: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
12. Minnesota Vikings: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
13. Detroit Lions: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
14. St. Louis Rams: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey, OC, Florida
16. Washington (from Jacksonville): Ryan Kerrigan, DL, Purdue
17. New England Patriots (from Oakland): Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
18. San Diego Chargers: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
19. New York Giants: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
If you're looking for quick and live reactions and analysis, click here for the best NFL draft live blog on the Web.
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?