2011 NFL Draft Grades: How the Green Bay Packers Can Earn an 'A' in Round 1
2011 NFL Draft Grades, what the Green Bay Packers can do to earn an 'A'
Despite the 2011 NFL Draft being only a few hours away it's still unclear what many teams will do with their first round pick.
Which means that, since the Packers currently sit in the No. 32 spot on the draft board, it's unclear who will be available when they pick.
But that doesn't mean we can't have an idea.
So let's take a look at what would constitute an 'A' grade for the Packers, or worse.
What They Need to Do to Earn an 'A'
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
If Green Bay wants to earn an 'A' draft grade by my standards, here's what they'll need to do:
- Select a good pass-rushing outside linebacker
- Select a blocker eating defensive end
Here's a few players who would give Green Bay an 'A' for the first round:
- Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
- Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
- Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
- Cameron Heyward, DE, OSU
- Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
What They Could Do to Earn a 'B'
Joe Robbins/Getty Images
Here's what the Packers could do to earn a 'B' grade for the first round:
- Select the best player available
Here's some possible options:
- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
- Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
- Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
What They Could Do to Earn a 'C'
Here's what the Packers could do to earn a 'C' in the first round
- Select an offensive lineman
- Select a corner back
Here's some possible players they could select to earn a 'C':
- Danny Watkins, G/T, Baylor
- Derek Sherrod, T, Mississippi
- Nate Solder, T, Colorado
- Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
- Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
What They Could Do to Earn a 'D'
Sean Gardner/Getty Images
Here's what the Packers could do to earn a 'D' draft grade:
- Reach for a wide receiver
Here's some players that could possibly lead to the Packers earning a 'D' grade for the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft:
- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
- Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
What They Could Do to Earn an 'F'
Joe Robbins/Getty Images
Here's what the Packers could do to earn an 'F' for the first round of the draft:
- Trade out of the first round
The Packers don't have that many needs that they have to address this year in the draft, so trading out of the first round to gain extra picks would just lower the likelihood of the players even making the team.
They have a good team right now, they should just look to improve it however they can in the first round.