This 2011 NFL mock draft will have a little twist.
Most mocks currently have Cam Newton going No. 1 overall to the Carolina Panthers. So I propose, what if he doesn't?
A No. 1 pick should not have the questions surrounding him like Cam Newton does. He should be the definitive best player in the draft class.
I believe that Marcell Dareus is that guy.
He may not be from a skill position like quarterback, but he is the best player in this draft. From Day 1, Dareus will come in and be a massive force up the middle for any team.
There really is no downside to this pick and his game as a whole. The Panthers have a myriad of needs, and defensive tackle is one of them. There really is no star franchise quarterback like there was last year in Sam Bradford.
With that in mind, here is where Cam Newton and the rest of the prospects will fall after Dareus goes No. 1.
|1. Carolina Panthers: Marcell Dareus, DT |
2. Denver Broncos: Von Miller, LB
3. Buffalo Bills: Cam Newton, QB
4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR
|17. New England Patriots: Aldon Smith, DE
18. San Diego Chargers: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE
19. New York Giants: Anthony Castonzo, OT
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Cameron Heyward, DE
|5. Arizona Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert, QB |
6. Cleveland Browns: Julio Jones, WR
7. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Peterson, CB
8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley, DT
|21. Kansans City Chiefs: Gabe Carimi, OT
22. Indianapolis Colts: Nate Solder, OT
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Jimmy Smith, CB
24. New Orleans Saints: Da'Quan Bowers, DE
|9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith, OT |
10. Washington Redskins: Robert Quinn, DE
11. Houston Texans: J.J. Watt, DE
12. Minnesota Vikings: Cameron Jordan, DE
|25. Seattle Seahawks: Derek Sherrod, OT
26. Baltimore Ravens: Adrian Clayborn, DE
27. Atlanta Falcons: Danny Watkins, OG
28. New England Patriots: Justin Houston, LB
|13. Detroit Lions: Prince Amukamara, CB |
14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Liuget, DT
15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey, OG
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan, DE
|29. Chicago Bears: Phil Taylor, DT
30. New York Jets: Brooks Reed, DE
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Aaron Williams, CB
32. Green Bay Packers: Akeem Ayers, LB