Quarterback falls off of a cliff after Blaine Gabbert and Cam Newton, but which of them will go first?
Soon, very soon, we can stop churning out mocks. The 2011 NFL Draft (the actual one) kicks off on Thursday in one of the most wide open contests for the top 10 in recent years.
Many questions surround the top of the draft, and, outside of vague projections, nobody really knows who will go where in the first round. Maybe this points to parity or a weak draft class, or maybe not. What is truer than ever, though, is that the later rounds are crucial for teams needing to improve quickly and efficiently.
The quarterback position is one of the best battles in this draft, with Missouri's Blaine Gabbert and Auburn's Cam Newton leading Washington Husky Jake Locker, Florida State Seminole Christian Ponder and TCU's Andy Dalton.
Gabbert and Newton are the only first-round locks of the group, but where will they go?
Here's the latest Bleacher Report NFL mock draft.
1. Blaine Gabbert, QB 17. Da'Quan Bowers, DE
2. Marcell Dareus, DT 18. Muhammad Wilkerson, DE
3. Von Miller, OLB 19. Akeem Ayers, OLB
4. Julio Jones, WR 20. Cameron Jordan, DE
5. Cam Newton, QB 21. Gabe Carimi, OT
6. A.J. Green, WR 22. Nate Solder, OT
7. Patrick Peterson, CB 23. Jimmy Smith, CB
8. Prince Amukamara, CB 24. Corey Liuget, DT
9. Tyron Smith, OT 25. Jake Locker, QB
10. Robert Quinn, DE/OLB 26. Brandon Harris, CB
11. J.J. Watt, DE 27. Adrian Clayborn, DE
12. Anthony Castonzo, OT 28. Mark Ingram, RB
13. Aldon Smith, DE 29. Stephen Paea, DT
14. Nick Fairley, DT 30. Cameron Heyward, DE
15. Mike Pouncey, C/OG 31. Aaron Williams, CB
16. Ryan Kerrigan, DE 32. Brooks Reed, DE