The 2011 NFL Draft is closing in and now is the time for us to shut our ears and close our eyes because what will be on Thursday, will be.
The first round of the NFL Draft will place a heavy emphasis on defensive lineman, but almost everyone will be talking about when and where the quarterbacks will come off the board.
Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert are the consensus top two quarterbacks, but after that it all comes down to preference.
Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick all have first-round talent and there are more than enough teams looking for quarterbacks on day one.
There are a few questionable top-notch talents in this draft though as well.
MUST READ: 50 Bold Predictions for 2011 NFL Draft
While there are a ton of question marks surrounding every rookie, Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert are far from finished products.
Auburn's Nick Fairley is also a hot topic for debate and there are many who think that although supremely talented, there's a good chance that he could bust because he does not want "it" enough.
It is incredible listening to and reading all the different takes on the players in this draft and I cannot remember more speculation surrounding a particular draft class.
There will be a record 25 players attending the draft this year and we can be sure that this is going to be a wild, wild three days in New York City.
Here is my latest look at what could happen in this year's draft.
|1. Carolina: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn |
2. Denver: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
|17. N.E. Pats: (via Oak): Cam Jordan, DE, Cal
18. San Diego: Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Mizzou.
19. New York Giants: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisc.
20. Tampa Bay: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
|5. Arizona: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU |
6. Cleveland: Julio Jones, WR, Bama
7. San Fran: Prince Amukamara, CB, Neb.
8. Tennessee: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Mizz
|21. Kansas City: Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
22. Indianapolis: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
23. Philadelphia: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
24. New Orleans: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
|9. Dallas: Tyron Smith, OT, USC |
10. Washington: Jake Locker, QB, Wash.
11. Houston: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, UNC
12. Minn: Anthony Castonzo, OT, BC
|25. Seattle: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
26. Baltimore: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
27. Atlanta: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
28. Cincinnati: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU **
|13. Detroit: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clem. |
14. St. Louis: Nick Fairley, DT, Aub.
15. Miami: Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
16. Jacksonville: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Pur
|29. Chicago: Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss. St.
30. N.Y. Jets: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temp
31. Pittsburgh: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
32. Green Bay: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama