NFL Mock Draft 2011: Which Quarterback Will the Seattle Seahawks Draft?
Ricky Stanzi Has A Future In Seattle
The Seattle Seahawks want Matt Hasselbeck to return to the team in 2011, but that does not mean Hasselbeck is the future of the team.
Charlie Whitehurst did not impress in his brief appearances, so either way, the Seahawks need a new quarterback.
Ricky Stanzi has a lot of upside, but it comes with some big question marks.
Stanzi is big, 6’ 4”, and weighs around 220 lbs. He has a great arm but has accuracy problems.
He has operated under center in a pro system but his decision-making skills and footwork have come into question. That being said, he is considered a good leader.
Stanzi really is a question mark because footwork and decision-making all can improve. Accuracy can be worked on but a quarterback generally does not see dramatic improvement in his accuracy once he hits the pros.
With the third-round coming, the Seahawks have to weigh whether to take Stanzi now, or wait until the third round. While a lot of quarterbacks already are off the board, that actually ups Stanzi’s value for any team looking for a quality backup.
In this mock the Seahawks pull the trigger and take Stanzi.
|33. New England Patriots: Benjamin Ijalana
34. Buffalo Bills: Colin Kaepernick
35. Cincinnati Bengals: Ryan Mallett
36. Denver Broncos: Jimmy Smith
|49. Jacksonville Jaguars: Marvin Austin|
50. San Diego Chargers: Martez Wilson
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Allen Bailey
52. New York Giants: Danny Watkins
|37. Cleveland Browns: Randall Cobb
38. Arizona Cardinals: Kyle Rudolph
39. Tennessee Titans: Stefan Wisniewski
40. Dallas Cowboys: Rahim Moore
|53. Indianapolis Colts: Titus Young|
54. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Burton
55. Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Baldwin
56. New Orleans Saints: Davon House
|41. Washington Redskins: Christian Ponder
42. Houston Texans: Brandon Harris
43. Minnesota Vikings: Jabaal Sheard
44. Detroit Lions: Bruce Carter
|57. Seattle Seahawks: Ricky Stanzi|
58. Baltimore Ravens: Rodney Hudson
59. Atlanta Falcons: Leonard Hankerson
60. New England Patriots: Mikel LeShoure
|45. San Francisco 49ers: Phil Taylor
46. Denver Broncos: Sam Acho
47. St. Louis Rams: Ryan Williams
48. Oakland Raiders: Ras-I-Dowling
|61. San Diego Chargers: Mason Foster|
62. Chicago Bears: Jurrell Casey
63. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tyler Sash
64. Green Bay Packers: Marcus Cannon
For a look at all things related to the NFL Draft, check out our NFL Draft Hub.
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?