MLB Recap: The Orioles-Yankees Series
The Orioles came into Yankee Stadium leading the AL East by one game and, thanks to the Yankees, left it trailing by one game. It's early, of course, but no matter what time of year it is, Yankee fans love the sound of "first-place Yankees."
1. AJ Burnett pitched well for the third straight start. As someone in my Twitter timeline tweeted, "he now has more wins (three) than the Boston Red Sox (two)."
2. The offense picked up. Guys who hadn't been hitting (Teixeira, Jeter, Posada, Granderson) were able to fatten up on Orioles pitching.
3. The defense was smoking, especially in the second game. There were great plays by Granderson and Swisher, but Joba Chamberlain's block of the plate saved Game 2.
4. Bartolo Colon continued to impress. Once again, he stopped the bleeding and gave his team a chance to come back.
5. The first pie of the season went to Nick Swisher!
There is just one, really. Phil Hughes continued his terrible start to the season. This time he was gone after just 70 pitches. His fastball averaged only 89.05 MPH.
The AL Champion Texas Rangers are next—a three-game weekend series at Yankee Stadium. I hate to admit it, but the Yankees look overmatched in this series. However, as every good baseball fan knows, you can't predict baseball. Go, Yankees.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?