10/1: ALDS Game 1 - Buckle Up!
Boston Red Sox (0-0) @ Los Angeles Angels (0-0)
Jon Lester (0-0, -.–) @ John Lackey (0-0, -.–)
10:05 PM EDT | Angel Stadium (Anaheim, CA)
TV: TBS RADIO: WRKO 680, ESPN
GAME NOTES: I can’t imagine the Red Sox are going to dominate the Angels as they did in ‘04 or ‘07; the two possiblities are a hard-fought series or a LA blowout. That said, its critical that the local nine get off to a good start tonight. Fortunately, Jon Lester has arguably been Boston’s best pitcher this season and starts on the hill tonight. Let’s hope for a connection between the years since Lester ended the ‘07 postseason and begins ‘08.
From the Boston Globe:
(Career batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging percentage against John Lackey in parentheses)
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF (.000, .000, .000)
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B (.417, .462, .583)
3. David Ortiz, DH (.333, .412, .700)
4. Kevin Youkilis, 1B (.294, .294, .647)
5. J.D. Drew, RF (.313, .389, .500)
6. Jason Bay, LF (Has never faced Lackey)
7. Mike Lowell, 3B (.158, .158, .158)
8. Jed Lowrie, SS (Has never faced Lackey)
9. Jason Varitek, C (.208, .296, .333)
SP — Jon Lester
Evan has some interesting facts and notes about the series posted below. Make sure to take advantage of all the features and coverage throughout the playoffs here at Fire Brand!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?