2011 NFL Mock Draft: Minnesota Takes a Chance on Jake Locker at No. 12
Is Jake Locker a Good Fit for the Minnesota Vikings?
It seems like all of the quarterbacks in this draft are very polarizing figures. Either fans think they will be solid NFL players or they think they will be absolute busts.
Jake Locker appears to be at the forefront of that polarizing talk.
I can understand that some people might not understand why people think Locker could be a star after watching him at Washington but you have to understand just how bad this team was aside from Locker. If he weren’t the quarterback there they would have struggled to win even a single game.
Locker didn’t do himself many favors during the Senior Bowl, however he really made up for it at the combine. Not only was he one of the fastest quarterbacks in the 40 but he also threw the ball very well. I think any team looking for a quarterback in the 10-20 range would be wise to take a long look at Locker.
Minnesota is gong to need a quarterback going forward. Brett Favre is (hopefully) retired and Tarvaris Jackson is a free agent and unlikely to return. That leaves Joe Webb as the only quarterback with any experience on the roster and I don’t know if he is the guy.
I think Locker could come in and run the offense good enough to take the Vikings back to the playoffs in 2011.
|1. Carolina Panthers: Marcell Dareus, DT |
2. Denver Broncos: Da'Quan Bowers, DE
3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, OLB
4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR
|17. New England Patriots: Nate Solder, OT|
18. San Diego Chargers: Adrian Clayborn, DE
19. New York Giants: Gabe Carimi, OT
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Justin Houston, OLB
|5. Arizona Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert, QB |
6. Cleveland Browns: Julio Jones, WR
7. San Francisco: Patrick Peterson, CB
8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley, DT
|21. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyron Smith, OT|
22. Indianapolis Colts: Danny Watkins, OG
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Pouncey, OG
24. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Kerrigan, DE
|9. Dallas Cowboys: J.J Watt, DE |
10. Washington Redskins: Cam Newton, QB
11. Houston Texans: Robert Quinn, DE
12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker, QB
|25. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Mallett, QB|
26. Baltimore Ravens: Rahim Moore, FS
27. Atlanta Falcons: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE
28. New England Patriots: Akeem Ayers, OLB
|13. Detroit Lions: Prince Amukamara, CB |
14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Liuget, DT
15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram, RB
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Cam Jordan, DE
|29. Chicago Bears: Anthony Castonzo, OT|
30. New York Jets: Randall Cobb, WR
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Derek Sherrod, OT
32. Green Bay Packers: Jimmy Smith, CB
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?