UNC-Asheville will tangle with Arkansas Little Rock in the first play-in game for the NCAA tourney. The winner will earn the right to play Pittsburgh.
Both teams will have key players who will have to come up big to ensure their teams success.
1. Matt Dickey (UNC-Asheville): Dickey comes into the game averaging 15.3 ppg to go along with 3.7 rpg. Dickey is a threat from any where on the offense side.
2. J.P. Primm (UNC-Asheville): Primm is the second-leading scorer on his team averaging 14.4 ppg. Like Dickey, Primm can shoot from anywhere.
3. D.J. Cunningham (UNC-Asheville): Cunningham is a force down low averaging 9.0 ppg and 7.5 rpg. Look for Asheville to establish to him early to open up three-point line for Dickey and Primm.
4. Solomon Bozeman (Arkansas-Little Rock): Bozeman will be the best player on the court. He comes in scoring 16.5 ppg. This senior will be the driving force for Little Rock.
5. Marlon Louzeiro(Arkansas-Little Rock): Louzeiro will have to establish the paint for Little Rock to have a chance. He'll have to do more than his 3.4 ppg and 2.3 rpg
This matchup has some great guards, but I have a gut feeling that Cunningham will win it for UNC-Asheville in the paint. Look for a close contest but Asheville beats Little Rock by seven when the horn sounds.