2011 NFL Mock Draft: The Patriots Use Their Second Pick on Torrey Smith
The Patriots Give Tom Brady a Good Target in Torrey Smith
The Patriots have two picks in the first round. Assuming Bill Belichick does not start trading them away, he'll use his second pick either on an offensive lineman or a wide receiver. Torrey Smith is a great athlete with blazing speed and will be a perfect addition to Bill Belichick's offense.
There still are plenty of good offensive linemen on the board, and Belichick can grab one of them with the 33rd pick at the top of the second round, the pick they acquired from the Carolina Panthers. The good wide receivers could go fast, so Belichick will focus on them first
Belichick probably smiles every time he thinks about the upcoming draft. The Patriots have the rare advantage of having two first-round picks thanks to a trade with the Oakland Raiders for Richard Seymour.
The Raiders recently signed Seymour to a new contract, so the trade has paid off for the Raiders. If Torrey Smith is as good as advertised at the pro level, the trade will pay off for the Patriots. Smith made some spectacular catches this past season, and the Patriots will hope Smith can develop good chemistry with Tom Brady early in the season to get the Patriots back to the Super Bowl.
|1. Carolina Panthers: Blaine Gabbert, QB |
2. Denver Broncos: Nick Fairley, DT
3. Buffalo Bills: Patrick Peterson, CB
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Da'Quan Bowers, DE
|17. New England Patriots: Cameron Jordan, DE|
18. San Diego Chargers: Tyron Smith, OT
19. New York Giants: Akeem Ayers, OLB
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Aldon Smith, OLB
|5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, OLB |
6. Cleveland Browns: Marcell Dareus, DE
7. San Francisco: Prince Amukamara, CB
8. Tennessee Titans: Cam Newton, QB
|21. Kansas City Chiefs: Justin Houston, OLB|
22. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castonzo, OT
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Derek Sherrod, OT
24. New Orleans Saints: Corey Liuget, DT
|9. Dallas Cowboys: Robert Quinn, DE |
10. Washington Redskins: A.J. Green, WR
11. Houston Texans: J.J. Watt, DE
12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker, QB
|25. Seattle Seahawks: Adrian Clayborn, DE|
26. Baltimore Ravens: Jonathan Baldwin, WR
27. Atlanta Falcons: Aaron Williams, CB
28. New England Patriots: Torrey Smith, WR
|13. Detroit Lions: Nate Solder, OT |
14. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones, WR
15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram, RB
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan, DE
|29. Chicago Bears: Gabe Carimi, OT|
30. New York Jets: Phil Taylor, DT
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Pouncey, OG
32. Green Bay Packers: Cameron Hayward, DE
For a complete look at the draft, check out our Seven-Round Mock Draft.
Most recent updates:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?